PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Gramatica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Pats signed oldest Gramatica brother....heard on EEI

:D That's really funny. I was just joking about that a while back. Saying maybe he can blow out his knee like little brother did. I don't see him making it out of camp with a job.

Martin Gramatica

He is the one who hurt himself jumping up and down after a made kick!

When is the last time he even played in the league? I think this is an insurance signing, I think they are going to draft a kicker and go with him.

The one that played for the Bucs, Martin? If true, it looks like we'll get a kicker through the draft.

Puke. Vomit. Hurl.

Hopefully this is just a temporary move. Though I guess he was a solid K for awhile. Then he just got in a funk and never got out of it.

Still .... shudder.

I just think its for competition. They will draft a guy and let them duke it out in camp. Don't be sold on the fact that he will be our guy come game one. I still can't beleive they let Adam walk.

tombonneau said:
Puke. Vomit. Hurl.

Hopefully this is just a temporary move. Though I guess he was a solid K for awhile. Then he just got in a funk and never got out of it.

Still .... shudder.

Man you stole my thunder. I feel exactly the same way.

FreeTedWilliams said:

When is the last time he even played in the league? I think this is an insurance signing, I think they are going to draft a kicker and go with him.

No, it was Bill Gramatica that played for the Cardinals that blew his knee out.

FreeTedWilliams said:

That was his little brother, Bill, who kicked for the Cardinals. Both Gramatica's were out of the league last year.

From the Patriots.com:

Gramatica had surgery on his lower abdomen early in 2004 and some believe that contributed to his struggles kicking the football because it affected his accuracy and power. He’s now believed to be fully recovered from his injury, so Gramatica will have a shot to win the kicking job in training camp. The Patriots will likely bring in a young kicker to compete with the veteran but if Gramatica can revert back to his old form, New England could have a steal on their hands.

Interesting, I still can not envision him as the kicker, but at least maybe he could not be as bad as we remember him as.

Wow this guys statistics are horrid.............I think this is one move that will come back to haunt Belly big time. I'd take my chances with Josh Brown of the Hawks before this guy.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133297

MrTibbs said:
Wow this guys statistics are horrid.............I think this is one move that will come back to haunt Belly big time. I'd take my chances with Josh Brown of the Hawks before this guy.

He is not our answer at kicker and I don't think that's the plan. You need some sort of kicker for camp. One thing this guy does have is a monster leg.

wrong thread

Last edited:
MrTibbs said:

Through 2002 he was very good, it's just a matter of if he's healthy and can get back to that level. If not, it's not like he'll be the only kicker in camp.

MrTibbs said:

If you'd recall, Josh Brown was run out of Pittsburgh due to his inconsistency in bad conditions.

Probably not a good quality for a New England Patriot kicker...

Flying Fungi said:
If you'd recall, Josh Brown was run out of Pittsburgh due to his inconsistency in bad conditions.

Probably not a good quality for a New England Patriot kicker...

That's Kris Brown. Both are former Huskers though.

huskeralk said:
That's Kris Brown. Both are former Huskers though.

Was it Kris?

My bad--I'm usually much more diligent than that.

Guess the category 'other teams' kickers' needs a little more attention from me...

Take a look at Gramatica's kicks from 50+ yds. prior to his injury. Freakin' unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back