PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign DT Louis Leonard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a short term move, since Wright and Pryor are out, Brace got banged up and Deadrick has become invisible.
It doesn't necessarily mean anything long term, because we have room to carry and extra DL until they all get healthy.
Long term this seems to be Love's competition not any of the DEs.

Uh oh.........could that mean bad news on Mike Wright or Myron Pryor?

Yeah ... heard it on WEEI and that's what came to mind right away.

I hope it's Andy's scenario .... we'll see.

Last edited:
Hmmm hope it's not a bad injury indicator... wright was having a great season and brace has been solid.

But on a positive, another danny woodhead anyone or a one game positive like moore?

Hmmm hope it's not a bad injury indicator... wright was having a great season and brace has been solid.

But on a positive, another danny woodhead anyone or a one game positive like moore?

Although I think Moore will be just a one-game positive, you can't be too sure when he's only played one game.

Where is Adalius Thomas?? Find it hard to believe that no one picked him up..

Adalius Thomas would still be an All Pro if only Belichick didn't play him out of position.

Have we figured out who's leaving the active roster for this cat, yet?

Adalius Thomas would still be an All Pro if only Belichick didn't play him out of position.

Yeah left bench is his best position!!!

I'm still waiting for something and it's almost 9PM EST here.........

Although I think Moore will be just a one-game positive, you can't be too sure when he's only played one game.

thats why i didn't want to include him in there with the consistent success of woodhead

But wouldn't it just be an early Xmas if another mid season street guy gets picked up and performs

It's now midnight EST, and a few hours have passed. I would think that if the Pats were going to put anyone on IR, it would have happened already.

I would think it would be Pryor. Hasn't played in a while. Maybe even Wilhite(what happened to that dude?).

I would think it would be Pryor. Hasn't played in a while. Maybe even Wilhite(what happened to that dude?).

Hip injury.

When'd it happen?

I believe it happened in the Steelers game. Unfortunately I'm at work and NFL.com is proxied so I can't check it to be sure.

NFL dot com has him listed as active

But who did you cut that's what we want to know?

Also, FYI, Brace rates much higher at DT than DE on Madden. I know I should leave it as-is, but I moved Cunningham to DE and he's a star in the making.
I don't remember who I cut. I think it was Matthew Slater, since he sucks as a receiver in Madden, and everyone is pretty much the same at special teams in the game anyway. Do you play a 3-4 or a 4-3 with Cunningham at DE?

I like to pretend that I'm playing a 2-gap scheme in Madden even though it's pretty much impossible. I put all the big run-stuffers at DE in the 3-4. Their overall rating does drop a lot, but the OVR doesn't really matter. In the nickel/dime I switch to "LB Pass Rush" or something like that, so the fatsos aren't on the edge, and have Cunningham/Ninko as rush ends. Cunningham is a ROLB in my 3-4 and pretty good there, too.

For some reason Ninko is an absolute beast. Even though he was only a 74, I had another franchise where he still managed NFL Defensive Player of the Year and finished with something like 65 tackles and 17 sacks. And of course his rating somehow only went up to 76 after that. But that's madden for you.

Last edited:
I don't remember who I cut. I think it was Matthew Slater, since he sucks as a receiver in Madden, and everyone is pretty much the same at special teams in the game anyway.

I like to pretend that I'm playing a 2-gap scheme in Madden even though it's pretty much impossible. I put all the big run-stuffers at DE in the 3-4. In the nickel/dime I switch to "LB Pass Rush" or something like that, so the fatsos aren't on the edge, and have Cunningham/Ninko as rush ends. Cunningham is a ROLB in my 3-4 and pretty good there, too.

Slater has been pretty much next to useless since arriving in New England, but he made an outstanding play on kick coverage against the Bears. Brought Hester down where, if he hadn't, the return could have been a big one.

Myron Pryor DE Back Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Wright and Wilhite listed as out

Myron Pryor DE Back Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Wright and Wilhite listed as out

I wouldn't be shocked if we put Wilhite on IR. Hip issues are extremely tricky, especially for a CB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back