PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Deltha O'Neal, release Spach, sign OL Bender and DeVree to practice squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Deltha O'Neal to be a Pat?

Sirius NFL Radio said that CB Deltha O'Neil will be meeting with and possibly signing with the Patriots today.

GREAT MOVE, if it happens.

Re: Deltha O'Neil to be a Pat?

I expect 2 corners to sign, perhaps O'Neal and Law?

I'll say it again, if Law is not already in Clev or NY, with their troubles, he is destined to be here.

Couple years removed from a 10 Int season. Hasn't been nearly that kind of hawk in the last two years, but still seems solid. Not that a Cincinnati castoff shouldn't be carefully examined, but I imagine the cut was contract related.

Anyone know the situation better?

I agree, if this is true, it's a great signing. I like our rookies, but I'd rather they have some more help.

This is garbage, he's trash, better off keeping Bryant (as bas as he is). This team, what the freak are they doing ?????????????????????????

Deltha lost his "3rd CB" job to a stud named David Jones, yes a guy named David Jones. What does this tell you and we want this guy to possibly start ?

I would rather see Wheatley start and learn instead of watching a stop gap washed up vet get abused.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is garbage, he's trash, better off keeping Bryant. This team, what the freak are they doing ?????????????????????????

Ok, who SHOULD they bring in? Besides DRC :rolleyes:

Well we need a vet cb, and if its not Bryant or Ty Law , will take Deltha O neil..

This is garbage, he's trash, better off keeping Bryant. This team, what the freak are they doing ?????????????????????????

Deltha O'Neil is better than Bryant, IMHO. I know it was only the preseason, but Bryant didn't exactly look like a ball hawk, or shut down corner out there.

When will the beer-swillers or tykes union stop ripping people up like this?

He's trash? So if you don't even play in the NFL are you like... manure? Potting soil?

C'Mon. One thing to say he's washed up as a football player, but calling people garbage is ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm a closet Bengals fan, this would make me happy.

Blah blah DRC has ruled the preseason the Pats made a huge mistake blah blah.

We get it. You're not happy with the front office.

Let's be clear. The question is whether we can improve the roster. I think that we can add veterans at DB and OL to do so(and perhaps a surfing LB).

2005 Deltha O neil had 10 ints.. I think he would be a wise addition, would feel better about the cut with Bryant..

What does this tell you and we want this guy to possibly start?

Whoa whoa whoa chief... there's a rumor he's visiting and might SIGN, and already you're penciling him in as a starter?

Maybe he's our 4th CB behind Hobbs, Wheatley, and Wilhite. Maybe he doesn't even have to beat out SANDERS to be valuable as a nickel or dime corner.

We don't know if he's signing, and if he does we don't know for how much or to fill what role.

Let's be clear. The question is whether we can improve the roster. I think that we can add veterans at DB and OL to do so(and perhaps a surfing LB).

If he's coming in to BACKUP Wheatley, then fine. But if he'll start and stunt Wheatley's growth and get abused doing it, why bother ?

Whoa whoa whoa chief... there's a rumor he's visiting and might SIGN, and already you're penciling him in as a starter?

Maybe he's our 4th CB behind Hobbs, Wheatley, and Wilhite. Maybe he doesn't even have to beat out SANDERS to be valuable as a nickel or dime corner.

We don't know if he's signing, and if he does we don't know for how much or to fill what role.

Like I said, if this is a depth signing, then cool, but I hope that's all it is.

That's it exactly. It's interesting to me that the team is trying to round off it's roster, at a huge need position, with a veteran who's not far removed from being a Pro Bowler, and people still complain. I don't get that. I'd feel ALOT better with O'Neil back there. ALOT better.

If he's coming in to BACKUP Wheatley, then fine. But if he'll start and stunt Wheatley's growth and get abused doing it, why bother ?

What if he comes in, and he's better right now than Wheatley? Do you still play Wheatley because you don't want to stunt his growth?

They have 4 CBs on the roster. Not quite sure how the best CB available joining the Pats could be a bad thing.

What if he comes in, and he's better right now than Wheatley? Do you still play Wheatley because you don't want to stunt his growth?

They have 4 CBs on the roster. Not quite sure how the best CB available joining the Pats could be a bad thing.

Deltha couldn't beat out the great David Jones as a nickel back on one of the worst defenses in football. His 10 picks came 3 years ago, he followed that up with two years of regression ( 1 pick each of the last two years ) and where he lost his starting CB job and now just lost his nickel CB job on a team with a very bad defense.

If you want this as your starting CB in place of a guy like Wheatley which would serve the team better if he got the reps instead of O'Neal then all the power to you, it's not what I think is in the team's best interest.

If Deltha is coming to play the nickel, then fine........

Last edited by a moderator:

BB and Pioli are looking down every avenue to make this team better, I'm sure. If that means bringing O'Neal in here, then it's worth a shot. I remember reading pieces that said Rodney Harrison was done when we picked him up and how many times did I read that Randy Moss had lost a step and wasn't Randy Moss anymore prior to last season. If O'Neal signs here, he may be bad or he may be good, but it's worth finding out.

This is garbage, he's trash, better off keeping Bryant (as bas as he is). This team, what the freak are they doing ?????????????????????????

Deltha lost his "3rd CB" job to a stud named David Jones, yes a guy named David Jones. What does this tell you and we want this guy to possibly start ?

I would rather see Wheatley start and learn instead of watching a stop gap washed up vet get abused.

By the same token Chad Jackson lost his job to a guy named CJ Jones. What does that tell you?

2005 Deltha O neil had 10 ints.. I think he would be a wise addition, would feel better about the cut with Bryant..

Any CB who has the balls to tackle a tight end is better than Bryant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots