PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign CB Lewis Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CB Lewis Sanders signed.

get over it dude time to move on get ahobby

I don't think (s)he'll ever get over Macho Grande.

striker.jpg

man im gettin tired of all these no name lbs and dbs coming in how bout we bring in somebody that will actually help out on sunday.

All of us feel this way. There are a lot of holes to fill and

not enough salary cap money to fill all the positions with

quality players. Some of these players have had injury problems

which makes them more affordable.

But the Giants have a hell of a pass rush.
we get gholston we will have one to:rocker:

But the Giants have a hell of a pass rush.

Pats finished a close 2nd, right behind the Giants in sacks last year.

Pats finished a close 2nd, right behind the Giants in sacks last year.

But how many sacks did they have against the Giants? Team vs Team matchups are a lot more important than overall numbers.

But how many sacks did they have against the Giants? Team vs Team matchups are a lot more important than overall numbers.

What?! Jimke was talking about the Giants pass rush and I wanted to point out that the Pats were right behind them for the 16 game reg season. I believe he wanted to point out that corners don't have to be as talented when there's a solid rush.

some height!! yay!!

In all seriousness, It really sucks that we lost that first round pick. We could have possibly picked up Gholston (or someone similar) AND a stud CB. Well, the draft is deep in CBs, so we should be able to pick up a decent one. But still....what could have been....

Samuel was a 4th rounder. I'd like for them to somehow land Antoine Cason [with either a trade down in the first or a trade up using their second and later pick(s)], but they could find a potentially very good CB in a later round.

Some height there with this one but I am just going to accept the fact that CB will be the weak part of the team. They are gonna go with the theory that a strong front 7 makes the secondary better.

Hobbs is a baller and I love him on our team. Maybe he's not the insane ball-hawk Asante is, but as many times as I saw Asante whiff on an INT and give up a pass over the past season, is that really a bad thing?

Hobbs gave us some great tackles, a few crucial INTs, and while he talks a little more than most, is an ideal Patriots in terms of love for the game and work ethic. I'll never understand the hatred for him sometimes, especially when he's done such a great job covering HoF receivers in the past, and been burned with completely wrong DPI calls that he's gotten apology letters from the league over.

Thank you, Hobbs is a good CB and I also have a hard time understanding why some posters seemingly dislike him.

Thank you, Hobbs is a good CB and I also have a hard time understanding why some posters seemingly dislike him.

I'm with you, I love the guy's overall motor, I think he's a good tackler, man coverage guy, and run support corner, I think maybe he's not dead on in Zone yet but I also think he gets better every year and there's no reason to think he won't improve again just like Samuel did and get smarter at the position too. Who knows, he might even develop into a good defensive leader for all we know without being second fiddle to Samuel...

man im gettin tired of all these no name lbs and dbs coming in
I agree. We need people whose names will impress ESPN. The hell with this-trying-to-build-the-best-team-we-can-with-the-money-available crap. SIGN ME SOME NAME PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. We need people whose names will impress ESPN. The hell with this-trying-to-build-the-best-team-we-can-with-the-money-available crap. SIGN ME SOME NAME PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!

No concept of "team-building".

get a life.. quickly, just cause Iam concerned about all of the holes our D has dont mean you gotta respond like a jackass

(it was a joke)
Well, of course a tall fast guy with quick change-of-direction ability would be better than a short fast guy with quick change-of-direction ability, but big and tall tend to not be quick in changing direction (momentum and all that).

Small and tall tend to be fragile.

Short and quick can stay with WRs better but at a disadvantage against tall WRs

Short, heavy and slow ... Sounds like Chris Canty :D

get a life.. quickly, just cause Iam concerned about all of the holes our D has dont mean you gotta respond like a jackass

The team has 6 months to fill these holes. It's not about glam and glitz...you can find good role players who can improve a defense. It's not always about the home run signing.

The team has 6 months to fill these holes. It's not about glam and glitz...you can find good role players who can improve a defense. It's not always about the home run signing.

Beleive me I know that, Id honestly be excited if they were to sign a player like olb Haggans and draft the top rated corner in the draft, I wouldnt care if they didnt make a single move after that cause Id feel more then comfortable with the defense being set.

get a life.. quickly, just cause Iam concerned about all of the holes our D has dont mean
gotta respond like a jackass
Got a mirror handy, Jack?

We are all concerned about holes in our team. The concern you expressed was that we were bringing in no-name players, and that is what I and others responded to.

Worry less about big names vs no names, and take some valium. Take a lot. You may be a jackass, but you'll live longer if you chill a bit.

People seem edgey today. Is there a full moon or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back