PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign CB Chimdi Chekwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
@MikeReiss
Patriots also signed former Raiders DB Chimdi Chekwa to a 1 year deal. Chekwa enters his 5th NFL season. 6-0, 190. Played at Ohio State.

wow, the signings are coming fast and furious now

Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim Chimdi
A Corner is as lucky, as lucky can be

(I'm no Waxy)

WEAKNESSES
Does not have enough speed to play on an island at the next level. Struggles to diagnose routes and is not always in proper position in coverage. Lacks reliable hands and drops too many potential picks. Takes poor angles in run support and does not shed blocks effectively. Has a nagging hip injury.

I'm sure its a good signing but from the NFL Combine Notes it's a bit of a kick in the groin.:(

WEAKNESSES
Does not have enough speed to play on an island at the next level. Struggles to diagnose routes and is not always in proper position in coverage. Lacks reliable hands and drops too many potential picks. Takes poor angles in run support and does not shed blocks effectively. Has a nagging hip injury.

I'm sure its a good signing but from the NFL Combine Notes it's a bit of a kick in the groin.:(

Wow, from that scouting report, I'm kind of surprised he didn't take up a different profession lol

WEAKNESSES

Hey, you're a much better poster now than you were 5 years ago. Positively......

Throw enough **** up on the wall something is gonna stick. Not being sarcastic I believe in that philosophy.

I laughed so much at that

I guess he's depth but I'll smile about Sheard and a Fourth Title, not much to get overly excited about here

Chimdi Chimdi Cocoa What?

tumblr_mpr714S5Ax1rpc1rco3_r1_400.gif

WEAKNESSES

Ok, 2011 combine notes, I think that nagging hip injury has cleared up by now.

His overall grade =6.08 THEN, which was defined as:
"6.00-6.49Should become instant starter"

as to doesn't have enough speed, he had a 4.40 40 time which was a "top performer" in 2011 and vs the 2015 combine nbrs puts him at 3d best cb. Not sure how that equates to not enough speed.

Not saying he is revis, but the analysis makes no sense with the same nbrs provided with the analysis and its 4 years old. If he wasn't with the faders you could probably get a better feel from his actual performance.

Solid camp competition, we'll see.

Ok, 2011 combine notes, I think that nagging hip injury has cleared up by now.

His overall grade =6.08 THEN, which was defined as:
"6.00-6.49Should become instant starter"

as to doesn't have enough speed, he had a 4.40 40 time which was a "top performer" in 2011 and vs the 2015 combine nbrs puts him at 3d best cb. Not sure how that equates to not enough speed.

Not saying he is revis, but the analysis makes no sense with the same nbrs provided with the analysis and its 4 years old. If he wasn't with the faders you could probably get a better feel from his actual performance.

Solid camp competition, we'll see.
I'm aware that it's 4 years old. I found the "island" comment humorous.

Prediction: During this man's tenure on the Patriots he will gain a cult status among these forums. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back