PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign C/G Mike Flynn, waive Ade Jimoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats sign Flynn

so...how many weeks (or days) until he gets hurt too? Place your bets.

Re: Pats sign Flynn

I didn't see much of the Ravens last season, so I don't know if he has anything left in the tank, but if he does, this is a good signing. Might even be able to slide out to guard if necessary.

Re: Pats sign C/G Mike Flynn

:cue circus music:

Yates, Light, O'Callaghan, and Hochstein are out...

Neal and Ross are on PUP...

Clement and Stokes, both signed as injury replacements, are out...

Kaczur was embroiled in a legal situation....

Replacements Bauta and McMahon have come and gone...

Now we're into Sene, Welbourn, and Flynn...

I think this signing has to do with Hochstiens injury. The use of Connely at C is telling as well, Hochstien backs up both G/C and his versatility may end up costing us an extra roster spot for a OL. Lets hope Flynn is good, stays healthy, and can play both positions.

If he doesn't retire or get hurt before the season starts, I get the feeling Flynn will stick around. Doesn't seem like he'd take much coaching to get him ready to play.

Now the fun part, who gets cut?

Wellbourn and flynn seem like quality players if healthy. If Lights OK, we should be all right. Teams lose tons of linemen, I've seen worse.

Neal's been out a lot already.

Last edited:

The good news is two of those guys are career starters...ideally at some point in the season our line from 07 will be restored, but if not, Welbourn, Flynn or Ross (if he gets off PUP) should be able to help fill in. Not to mention I'm very pleased w what I've seen of Britt so far.

Then there was the obligatory training camp OL retirement... (Just want to show everybody I can spell "Mruczkowski". ;))

Then there was the obligatory training camp OL retirement... (Just want to show everybody I can spell "Mruczkowski". ;))

Damn, how quickly we forget...

If he doesn't retire or get hurt before the season starts, I get the feeling Flynn will stick around. Doesn't seem like he'd take much coaching to get him ready to play.

Now the fun part, who gets cut?

OK so if he doesn't retire or get hurt he will stick around....what are the other options.....we cut him except with all the injuries we have no depth so you really are not going out on a limb with that perdiction.

Ade Jimoh has been waived according to PFW in Progress.

I wonder why he was just sitting around for 6 months. He was as starter last year, didn't miss a game and then crickets. Maybe they pulled him out of potential retirement into a good situation and good money?

Flynn should add quality depth but what do I know. He could be cut tomorrow. The waiving of Jimoh could be perceived to be a good thing for CB health.

I wonder why he was just sitting around for 6 months. He was as starter last year, didn't miss a game and then crickets. Maybe they pulled him out of potential retirement into a good situation and good money?

It's my same take as with Welbourn: when 10+ year vets are sitting by the phone all summer and your team dials them up, it's usually not a good thing.

But who knows: maybe one of Welbourn & Flynn can still play and will make a decent backup and spot starter at G.

Flynn certainly can't be much worse than what has been thrown out there lately ...

Aginst KC I foresee many runs, screens, quick drops and short-passes....

I think the dink and dunk type offense might come back until the OL gains some cohesiveness. Not that TB can't do that well, as the Jacksonville game and 2001-2006 showed.

But the idea we'd run more and be more effective at it seems dubious now, along with the expectation that pass protection will be as good.

Last edited:

It's my same take as with Welbourn: when 10+ year vets are sitting by the phone all summer and your team dials them up, it's usually not a good thing.

I'd venture to say the same thing about 10+ year vet LBs sitting by the phone all summer long. :eek:

Flynn was cut to save some money for a lousy team in re-building mode (in other words, looking to get younger; they also had a former second round pick to replace him at C). In June, he said he was 99% sure he was done with the NFL (retired). He's also said to have taken pride in playing for just one team.

Those don't look like sure-fire signs of a player who is done. Looks to me more like a guy who probably has a little left in the tank for the right team and the right situation (I don't know a ton about his play on the field though, just saying the offseason stuff shouldn't be the reason for dismissing this move). I like this signing.

Last edited:
We have the best QB and the best WR in the game. We won't, and shouldn't, be afraid to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes