PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign C Al Johnson, re-sign Tank Williams, Ventrone, and Britt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, none of the 4 players are what I'd consider to be locks to make the team.

Tank would be a wonderful addition as a backup CB/S/LB and I hear he is pretty good on special teams he is definately BBs type of any position guy,No way do the Pats drop him unless he gets hurt this summer - The other 3 guys I agree are no sure bets but I think Tank is staying.

Tank would be a wonderful addition as a backup CB/S/LB and I hear he is pretty good on special teams he is definately BBs type of any position guy,No way do the Pats drop him unless he gets hurt this summer - The other 3 guys I agree are no sure bets but I think Tank is staying.

Tank's coming off of a knee injury. I just don't think he's a sure thing.

Nicollette Sheridan, on the other hand....

While Tank's injury problems is a concern, I remember how excited I was last year to see how he would work in our D. I think it was a good move to resign him and see if he will work out.

Brady is coming off of a knee injury too ;)

Too many recent knee injuries to worry about so early in the offseason,its nerve racking :banned:

Is it 1993?

Is it 1993?

Well, her body would say yes, but her face would admit that it's not.

2075262242_4fd0fc2ac6_o.jpg

b72a71x79r78q65n84q85h75m68s71.jpg

Re: Pats Announce Some More Signings...

Al Johnson was in the same draft class with Dan Koppen; rated higher and much quicker.

It would be nice to have a true back-up center. He would compete with Hochstein and Yates for that spot, and should be an upgrade over Yates.

Williams, if healthy, can rotate at SS, but his range may well be limited after two years of knee injuries. Probably a long-shot, based on his injury history.

Britt looked very good in pre-season three years ago, then has consistently regressed. He looked awful this past year, and is a stretch to make the team.

Yea Im beginning to like our O-Line depth more and more but as I look at the roster... I cant figure out who this LeVoir guy is.

Anyone have any insight on him? Will he even make the team or is a pretty solid backup?

We had no problem giving Levoir time last year. In part because some of the veterans failed (Clement for example), but he seems like a decent stopgap.

nice from my side too; solid signings (let's see if Tank will be a factor this year; i really hope so)

Yea Im beginning to like our O-Line depth more and more but as I look at the roster... I cant figure out who this LeVoir guy is.

Anyone have any insight on him? Will he even make the team or is a pretty solid backup?
Miami went looking for Center help in Free Agency, yet they let Al Johnson walk? I'll withhold final judgment.

As for depth: Hochstein fell behind Yates on the depth chart and Billy really struggled filling in for Neal. Connelly and Wendell round out the interior OL.

Tackle: LeVoir was claimed off waivers after being cut down by St. Louis just before last season started. He came in and immediately beat Britt out for #3 OT. Britt has been the #3 and O'Callaghan the #4 prior to LeVoir's arrival. LeVoir subbed in for Kaczur and Light at different times and did a good job.

After the way the OL struggled out of the gate last season without Neal, especially the threesome inside, the depth chart looks very thin. Hochstein is still a strong Center, but I don't think he's as dependable for Guard. Yates struggled, I'd like to think he had a nagging injury that held him back, but until he gets back to his 2007 form, I'm not counting on him. Connelly is a younger version of Hochstein and may beat him out this season. Wendell is still Practice Squad eligible. LeVoir should be good for #3 again. Britt and O'Callaghan don't fill me with a lot of confidence.

I would like to see NE draft a couple OL in this draft. It's a deep one for C and T.

Tackle: LeVoir was claimed off waivers after being cut down by St. Louis just before last season started. He came in and immediately beat Britt out for #3 OT. Britt has been the #3 and O'Callaghan the #4 prior to LeVoir's arrival. LeVoir subbed in for Kaczur and Light at different times and did a good job.

After the way the OL struggled out of the gate last season without Neal, especially the threesome inside, the depth chart looks very thin. Hochstein is still a strong Center, but I don't think he's as dependable for Guard. Yates struggled, I'd like to think he had a nagging injury that held him back, but until he gets back to his 2007 form, I'm not counting on him. Connelly is a younger version of Hochstein and may beat him out this season. Wendell is still Practice Squad eligible. LeVoir should be good for #3 again. Britt and O'Callaghan don't fill me with a lot of confidence.

I would like to see NE draft a couple OL in this draft. It's a deep one for C and T.

I think when they signed Levoir last year from the Rams, alot of us were thinking, Bill wtf? But I liked what i saw out of him last year. I think he provides good depth. Britt, on the other hand, just hasnt impressed me at all.

All that matters, is that Ray is back. Good special teamer, and provides backup in a few positions. He was catching the ball in preseaon better than anybody..........not that that matters much :cool:

I think when they signed Levoir last year from the Rams, alot of us were thinking, Bill wtf? But I liked what i saw out of him last year. I think he provides good depth. Britt, on the other hand, just hasnt impressed me at all.

All that matters, is that Ray is back. Good special teamer, and provides backup in a few positions. He was catching the ball in preseaon better than anybody..........not that that matters much :cool:
I'd argue that he doesn't have Welker's hands, but he's clearly picked up a number of Welker's moves and there was a lot to like out of his first year at WR.

I'd argue that he doesn't have Welker's hands, but he's clearly picked up a number of Welker's moves and there was a lot to like out of his first year at WR.

The only question that remains is, can he play safety? lol. Atleast, i believe thats supposed to be his position. I wouldnt mind seeing him at fullback:D

The only question that remains is, can he play safety? lol. Atleast, i believe thats supposed to be his position. I wouldnt mind seeing him at fullback:D
I'd be psyched if he could take a few reps for Welker this season.

I'd be psyched if he could take a few reps for Welker this season.

I'm still trying to figure out why they went through the grand experiment, and couldn't even find an attempt or two for him in the blowouts (e.g., Q4 against Denver, Q4 against Miami, etc.).

I'm pleased they have re-signed Tank Williams. he could do a job for us in certain situations.

I'm still trying to figure out why they went through the grand experiment, and couldn't even find an attempt or two for him in the blowouts (e.g., Q4 against Denver, Q4 against Miami, etc.).
I was looking for him a few times, but it also may have had something to do with the way injuries piling up so quickly affecting Special Teams - if he's the one guy other teams need to double-up... :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back