Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss
Welker
Edelman
Holt
Price
Tate

Those 6 are virtual locks IMO. Farnham looks like a strong contender for the PS. And that's a wrap on my receiving corps for Week 1 as of now.

The only way he - or Anderson - can make it is if Welker is PUP'd, but at that point, they are likely better off carrying a player for another position. Between Moss-Edelman-Tate-Holt-Price, they should have the position covered.

Granted, we said that last year when we had Lewis & Galloway, but I feel better about the Holt signing knowing that his positives (route-running, intelligence) fit well into our system.

Galloway's issues last year seemed to have more to do with old age than anything. The fact that he couldn't get playing time while with the Steelers only reinforces that belief/logic. Secondly, I challenge you to point out where I mentioned Manning press conferences. It's a well known fact that Manning has been repeatedly trashed for yelling at his O-Line on the field or on the sidelines during gameday. There was even, I believe, a thread about it on here when he did it to Jeff Saturday back in 2006. Of course, the resident homers are quick to trash him and then turn around and don't hold Brady to the same candle when he's screaming (behind the guy's back no less) at a nearly 40 year old receiver who was, pretty clearly, on his last legs. It's also a fact that Brady still wasn't playing that well in Week 3 of this past season. I personally don't see the point in trashing Galloway when you're not holding up your end of the bargain, which should be been excellent play at that point. Like I said, I love Tommy. But I was one of the people that trashed Manning for throwing his O-Line and receivers under the bus in game situations when his play was less than stellar. I think I'll continue to at least be consistent and hold Brady to the same token.

Showing fire is one thing. Berating a 40 year old wide receiver, who got open enough to possibly win the Jets game for us only to have his quarterback miss him by a mile, is another. And if Brady was pissed and believed (like many of us) that not having a viable WR3 cost us a Super Bowl, than that's an issue that he should have taken up with management and BB. Not something that he should have been screaming at Galloway about on the sidelines in front of national television.

So Tom should have been nice to him because he was 40 and sucked??? Oh, I thought he was being payed to play football.

My 18 year old son plays football, I have watched him get reamed out for messing up a play, I didn't like it but you know what, welcome to the real world, next time don't mess up.

Mr. Galloway got paid to play, he messed up and Mr. Brady yelled at him. Boohoo, mean old Mr. Brady.

I expect the next post to be about free agents refusing to come to New England because Tom Brady yells at them. Probably Buddy Farnham has already canceled his contract.

Last edited:
Brady never once screamed at Galloway - or even directed his ire at him - and it wasn't until Aiken's piss-poor route that Brady went off. In fact, if you remember, the majority of his outburst was an exchange with Belichick (a pretty one-sided exchange, as BB pretty much ignored it).

Huh? So wait, Brady yelled "how f'n hard is it?" at BB? I'm missing the logic here. And, as I remember it, Brady went off after a pass he fired shot off Galloway's hands.

Joey Galloway earned over a million bucks from the Pats and he reportedly never put in the effort. I'm not exactly feeling too sorry for the guy!

This doesn't exactly excuse Brady for screaming at the guy when Brady's play in that game was sub-par as well up to that point.

There is a difference between calling out your teammate in order to make them avoid future mistakes and throwing them under the bus to excuse oneself of personal responsibility. For example, Larry Bird called out his teammates during games, plenty. It made him a good leader. Peyton Manning throws them under the bus in post-game press conferences, that makes him a bad leader.

:nosmile:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear the first couple of times around. I never once brought up Manning going to the press and throwing his teammates under the bus. That's inexcusable and is one of many reasons why I think Brady is a classier guy than Manning is. My original point was about people on here burning Manning at the stake when he screamed and tossed his teammates (namely the O-Line and WR's) ON THE FIELD. It's happened on this forum NUMEROUS times. The first time I saw it was back in 2006 when he and Jeff Saturday got into a screaming match on the sidelines. The forum, by and large, was against Manning for that one. Yet, Brady does the same thing to Galloway when Brady wasn't exactly lighting it up to that point either and he gets a free pass because because that clearly "makes him a great team leader"? This is inconsistent, to say the least and smacks of pure, unbridled hate for Manning and, at the other end of the spectrum, pure homerrific manlove for Brady.

The main difference being, Peyton Manning is concerned about his reputation and wants to make sure the media knows he didn't F up, but some poor shmuck on his O-Line did. Larry Bird couldn't have given a crap about his reputation and just wanted to win games. I think Brady is more in the Bird category when it comes to that, and always has been.

Well, this past Super Bowl it was Reggie Wayne. Nobody is exempt from the bus when it comes to Manning explaining his f*ck ups in front of the press.

So Tom should have been nice to him because he was 40 and sucked??? Oh, I thought he was being payed to play football.

No, but there's a better way to go about it. One of these ways is to pull him aside and talk to him man to man. You know, kind of like the way he's done with Moss in the past? Common sense, my friend. Common sense.

My 18 year old son plays football, I have watched him get reamed out for messing up a play, I didn't like it but you know what, welcome to the real world, next time don't mess up.

It's one thing for a coach to ream someone out. It's another thing entirely for a teammate to ream someone out in front of national television cameras, especially when that teammate's play so far in that game had been less than awe-inspiring.

Mr. Galloway got paid to play, he messed up and Mr. Brady yelled at him. Boohoo, mean old Mr. Brady.

Awesome joke.

Hopefully BB can somehow get this kid on the team (providing he does well in camp and in preseason). Worst case scenario, I wouldn't mind stashing this kid on the PS. I'm just worried about some team like KC or Denver swooping in and taking him. But then again, we were able to get Nunn on the PS last year without any problems so hopefully the same sitaution plays out (minus Buddy signing with some piss poor team midseason like Tampa Bay:mad:).

to say the least and smacks of pure, unbridled hate for Manning and, at the other end of the spectrum, pure homerrific manlove for Brady.

Nope, it can be one or the other, but not both. Either peoplea are too "homerrific" to blame Brady (when they should), or they hate Manning too much NOT to blame him (when they shouldn't). Basically, if the offense, in a vacuum, is BAD, then it's not "hating Manning" to criticize him. Conversely, if the offense, again in a vacuum, is not a big deal, then it is NOT being a homer not to blame Brady for it.

For the record, whoever criticized Manning for yelling on the sidelines is dumb, and their opinion does not mean that now, because someone has that opinion, that Brady needs to be held to the idiotic standards of "being classy".

No, but there's a better way to go about it. One of these ways is to pull him aside and talk to him man to man. You know, kind of like the way he's done with Moss in the past? Common sense, my friend. Common sense.

It's one thing for a coach to ream someone out. It's another thing entirely for a teammate to ream someone out in front of national television cameras, especially when that teammate's play so far in that game had been less than awe-inspiring.

Awesome joke.
Not that I want to jump into this argument but your not Joey's son are you?

Last edited:
Huh? So wait, Brady yelled "how f'n hard is it?" at BB? I'm missing the logic here. And, as I remember it, Brady went off after a pass he fired shot off Galloway's hands.

No - it was as he was walking to the sidelines after the Aiken drop, it wasn't after the Galloway throw. It was after both drops. I'm not sure if it changes your point, but I'm 100% positive it wasn't directly after the first drop.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear the first couple of times around. I never once brought up Manning going to the press and throwing his teammates under the bus. That's inexcusable and is one of many reasons why I think Brady is a classier guy than Manning is. My original point was about people on here burning Manning at the stake when he screamed and tossed his teammates (namely the O-Line and WR's) ON THE FIELD. It's happened on this forum NUMEROUS times. The first time I saw it was back in 2006 when he and Jeff Saturday got into a screaming match on the sidelines. The forum, by and large, was against Manning for that one. Yet, Brady does the same thing to Galloway when Brady wasn't exactly lighting it up to that point either and he gets a free pass because because that clearly "makes him a great team leader"? This is inconsistent, to say the least and smacks of pure, unbridled hate for Manning and, at the other end of the spectrum, pure homerrific manlove for Brady.

I didn't say it made Brady a great leader - I said Bird is considered a great leader for getting into it with his teammates when he had to.

A key difference here is neither Galloway or Aiken said a damn word when Brady went off b/c they knew they'd F'd up and probably knew the outburst was justified. Saturday went right back at Manning, which suggests something else.

The thing with Peyton is you have to consider the entire package. Everything we know about Peyton points to him being not exactly the ideal teammate. He's never been that guy, and he's never been a great leader. His teammates don't go out of his way to talk about what a great teammate they do, like Patriot players do Brady. Manning isn't good in the clutch, he's constantly getting in these verbal disputes, and he uses his press conferences as a means to blame his teammates for his shortcomings. He's always had that reputation follow him around.

With Brady, it's the exact opposite, and this was one of the few times he went off on a player - so I'm willing to take his sideline outburst within its context.

You can't just look at one interaction, it's short-sighted, and just downright silly. It doesn't have to be black and white. One action (yelling at a teammate) can have many different interpretations. When a guy has proven to be a less-than-stellar teammate his entire career (Manning) it means one thing. When a guy has all the intangibles you want in a player, it means another. Stop trying to trap people into a battle of semantics. There is room for interpretation of these things, and I know you know that - just as there is a gray area in the Stallworth argument - for instance - that I know you feel strongly about, there is in this example, too.

Last edited:
Did you find that joke funnier than the first one?

I think he is his mother.

Can't be.

Joey's Mom's a prostitute, not a tranny.

At least that's what Dolphins' unnamed sources say.

:D

I think he is his mother.

Did you find that joke funnier than the first one?

I'm sure it's not as funny as your wimpy son trying to play football. But, it is what it is. I'm sure he's the daughter you've always wanted and never got. I'll respond to the rest of you that actually have debate skills when I get off work. Looks like moosekill has tapped out. :rolleyes:

Poor Buddy...Just when he goes and gets a forum dedicated to his accomplishment..BAM! Joey Galloway happens....:bricks:

The last time the Pats gave an unheralded WR from Brown a shot he turned out to be a decent ballplayer.... in fact I think he's been in the league for more than 10 years now.

Amazing but true - Sean Morey has 11 career receptions - and yet has had an 11 year career in the NFL as a ST contributer (and one time Special Teams MVP)

Last edited:
I guess I'm going it alone in this thread. No biggie. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you guys are going to have much success in ganging up on me...

Nope, it can be one or the other, but not both. Either peoplea are too "homerrific" to blame Brady (when they should), or they hate Manning too much NOT to blame him (when they shouldn't). Basically, if the offense, in a vacuum, is BAD, then it's not "hating Manning" to criticize him. Conversely, if the offense, again in a vacuum, is not a big deal, then it is NOT being a homer not to blame Brady for it.

You do realize this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, right? There are plenty of Brady homers on here who are also Manning haters. It's not like it's one select group or the other.

For the record, whoever criticized Manning for yelling on the sidelines is dumb, and their opinion does not mean that now, because someone has that opinion, that Brady needs to be held to the idiotic standards of "being classy".

So you weren't one of the people who criticized Manning? That's all well and good. You basically don't have to worry about my original point. However, just to make sure you're being consistent, in your office you would fully back one co-worker (who is not in management) openly screaming and berating another co-worker on the floor in front of the entire office because co-worker "B" dropped the ball on a project? Even if co-worker "A" wasn't carrying his own weight around the office himself? Just to give you some help: you should take this stance. This is essentially what Brady was doing on the sidelines in that Falcons game. Of course, I fully expect you to try to tell me how this does not apply to what Brady did. Or, at least I hope you do.

No - it was as he was walking to the sidelines after the Aiken drop, it wasn't after the Galloway throw. It was after both drops. I'm not sure if it changes your point, but I'm 100% positive it wasn't directly after the first drop.

It doesn't change my point in the slightest. Brady could have found better ways to go about "correcting" Galloway and/or Aiken. I mentioned earlier in the thread that it would have been just as easy to pull Galloway or both Galloway and Aiken to the side and have a talk with them man-to-man. He's done so with Moss as well as every other receiver he's worked with since he's been in the league.

I didn't say it made Brady a great leader - I said Bird is considered a great leader for getting into it with his teammates when he had to.

Look, I have no problem with Brady getting into it with his teammates. The fact of the matter is that he's gotten into it with his teammates in better handled ways before. Throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines in front of national television cameras was not completely necessary. Now, if Brady was lighting it up to that point, I would be inclined to grant him a little slack. However, the fact of the matter is that, up to that point, Brady was not playing well in the slightest. Even against the Falcons defense he was struggling. You don't go and scream at your receivers in front of national television when you aren't exactly being a stellar leader on the field yourself.

A key difference here is neither Galloway or Aiken said a damn word when Brady went off b/c they knew they'd F'd up and probably knew the outburst was justified. Saturday went right back at Manning, which suggests something else.

These two cannot be compared. Galloway was the new guy on the team and Aiken is a career special teamer. Brady is the MAN in Foxboro. It's really of no suprise that the new guy and the guy who shouldn't have been playing a receiver in the first place didn't respond to #12. Saturday is a different matter. He's been Manning's center since 1999 and is, in fact, Manning's best friend. Him yelling back at Manning is absolutely something I would expect. Donald Brown, for example, yelling back at Manning most likely would not have happened last year. If Brady went after Matt Light, for example, the way Manning went after Saturday, I would fully expect Light to give it right back to him. Galloway wasn't in that position with Brady, being that he was only playing in his third game with the team.

The thing with Peyton is you have to consider the entire package. Everything we know about Peyton points to him being not exactly the ideal teammate. He's never been that guy, and he's never been a great leader. His teammates don't go out of his way to talk about what a great teammate they do, like Patriot players do Brady. Manning isn't good in the clutch, he's constantly getting in these verbal disputes, and he uses his press conferences as a means to blame his teammates for his shortcomings. He's always had that reputation follow him around.

I'm fully aware that Manning isn't an ideal teammate. And, again, the press conferences have nothing to do with this. It is a fact that Manning has been sharply criticized here for doing the same thing Brady did on the field.

With Brady, it's the exact opposite, and this was one of the few times he went off on a player - so I'm willing to take his sideline outburst within its context.

Which is why I said earlier in the thread that this was pretty much the only "unclassy" thing he's ever done. Still, the fact that Brady is good in the clutch and doesn't throw anybody under the bus to the press does not change the fact that this was a classless act in the heat of the moment. Again, there are better ways that Brady could have handled his anger toward his receivers.

You can't just look at one interaction, it's short-sighted, and just downright silly. It doesn't have to be black and white. One action (yelling at a teammate) can have many different interpretations. When a guy has proven to be a less-than-stellar teammate his entire career (Manning) it means one thing. When a guy has all the intangibles you want in a player, it means another.

Sure I can. The original point was this was the least classy thing that Brady has ever done. I have absolutely every right in the world to look at one instance and judge it as a fan. There are no rules preventing me from doing otherwise. I'm sorry it pains you to see someone consider this a classless act, but unfortunately this is a message board and stating one's opinion is something that this forum revolves around. It would be pretty boring if we all just agreed that everything is completely awesome and that we have the classiest team in the league. But maybe that's just me.

Stop trying to trap people into a battle of semantics.

Pot meet kettle. Please show me proof where I've tried to trap anybody in a battle of semantics in this thread. I've stuck to my original point like glue. It's you and others who keep bringing up the Manning press conferences, which have absolutely nothing to do with my original point that Brady's actions in the Falcons game were not at all classy.

There is room for interpretation of these things, and I know you know that -just as there is a gray area in the Stallworth argument - for instance - that I know you feel strongly about, there is in this example, too.

For one, bringing Stallworth into this is a red herring of epic proportions. For another, yes there is room for interpretation. For example, it was speculated upon earlier in this thread that Brady was perhaps upset at his own play. This is a pretty solid guess/interpretation on the matter. But there aren't too many ways that you can interpret this otherwise. It's either that, or Brady was upset with his receivers (Galloway especially) and chose not to hide his frustration. Or perhaps it's a synthesis of both? Either way, Brady's actions still have not been excused by anybody in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back