PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats showing strong interest in Cal LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
"California middle linebacker Desmond Bishop is drawing strong interest from the New England Patriots based on information he shared with me during a recent conversation. He had a formal interview with the Patriots at the Combine, had more interaction with them at his Pro Day, and has already completed a private workout with them." -- Scout.com's Ed Thompson

Bishop (6-1½, 233 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.81 and 4.83 at his Pro Day. He had a 32½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-4 long jump, 4.65 short shuttle and 7.14 three-cone drill. He also put up 33 bench reps at the Scouting Combine.

This guy is a late pick who could turn into the next Ted Johnson.

"California middle linebacker Desmond Bishop is drawing strong interest from the New England Patriots based on information he shared with me during a recent conversation. He had a formal interview with the Patriots at the Combine, had more interaction with them at his Pro Day, and has already completed a private workout with them." -- Scout.com's Ed Thompson

Bishop (6-1½, 233 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.81 and 4.83 at his Pro Day. He had a 32½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-4 long jump, 4.65 short shuttle and 7.14 three-cone drill. He also put up 33 bench reps at the Scouting Combine.

Yup, they interviewed him at the combine went to his Pro day and worked him out privately. I don't know if someone else ever talked about his interview at the combine on here, but I've known about that since it happened. The list I have on ESPN, and the old list I posted on here only featured Private workouts & Visits, but these list could include combine meetings, as well. If you guys want that included just ask.

Guys who had Combine Meetings: Buster Davis, Rhema McNight, Craig Davis, Aundrae Allison, Jarvis Moss, Jon Beason, Marcus McCauley, Victor Abiamiri, Fred Bennett, Piscitelli, Desmond Bishop, Samson Satele, Scott Chandler, Clark Harris, Martrez Milner, Courtney Taylor, Chris Davis, Joe Newton, Cameron Stephenson, Dallas Baker, and Deon Anderson. I know they had meetings with some other people at the combine but for some reason my mind is going blank right now.

They talked to these players during the senior bowl, or some other bowl game: LaMarr Woodley, Josh Wilson, Stewart Bradley, Tony Taylor, David Patterson, Drew Stanton, Chris Davis, Jordan Palmer, Brandon Myles and some others I'm also blanking on.

Last edited:
Bishop (6-1½, 233 pounds) ...

Has this guy lost weight? Isn't this lighter than his playing weight? For a guy projected as an ILB - he is a bit on the light side don't you think?

Has this guy lost weight? Isn't this lighter than his playing weight? For a guy projected as an ILB - he is a bit on the light side don't you think?

Yea, he must have lost a little weight. Most either gain a bunch of weight so they can bulk up (guys that are small) or they loose weight to get faster. during the combine he weighed 239lbs, and came in just under 6'2" - (6'1.7"). I think during the season he weighed something like 240-245lbs. Also, his 40 time at the combine was 4.77

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey