PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats show interest in Shawn Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats may sign both springs and bodden

**Springs I don't get - dude could be Deltha O'Neil's grandfather... ;)
Bodden is probably good, but we won't pay him top corner money, even with the cap room.

But maybe we're still thinking "vet-cough-jag" corners are the way to go. But that pass rush better get it's sh!t together.

This bit of the article should have been included in the post, dude...

LOL nice post Anyways Springs as a nickel corner would be sweet plus he would give us some Vet leadership that our backfield will be lacking with harrison gone

Can he play safety ?

We do not need a 33 year old CB. I am hoping we do not sign him. I would rather have Wheatley step up, or draft an A Smith type CB.

When the Pats won the Super Bowl in 2001, they did so with a then 36-year-old Otis Smith starting at CB and 30-year old Terrell Buckley playing in the slot.

Springs had a very good year for Washington last year. Washington's secondary was a strength of that defense despite the team lacking a top pass rush. He is a good stop-gap to bring in until the young guys are ready to take over.

Darrell Green and Aeneas Williams played CB until they were close to 40. I realize it is rare, but if a guy has the talent of a Springs and keeps himself in shape you shouldn't just discount his ability.

Last edited:

LOL nice post Anyways Springs as a nickel corner would be sweet plus he would give us some Vet leadership that our backfield will be lacking with harrison gone

NICKLEBACK!!!!! if he comes i would feel confident he would be our #1 as it stands now

I think the article meant to say "PAST shows interest in Shawn Springs."

NICKLEBACK!!!!! if he comes i would feel confident he would be our #1 as it stands now

Shawn Springs our #1 CB!!!!! If he is our number one 1 wouldn't feel confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back