PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats show interest in Kelley Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
It may be nothing more than a backup plan or agent speak, but in the Nashville Tennessean they list the Patriots among the teams interested in former Bengal WR Kelley Washington:

The Titans have expressed an interest in Cincinnati free agent wide receiver Kelley Washington, asking to be kept abreast of his status. New England, Atlanta and Miami have expressed an interest, with Tampa Bay and Minnesota also in the mix.

He's young and tall and certainly an under acheiver. What has been up the last two years...injuries?? OR just poor play and sinking in the depth chart??
If it's the latter, he might be signed for good value...especially with a good upside..NOTHING wrong with having one in a different atmosphere..with Johnson, Housh, henry it was hard to break in and given all the turmoil...it MAY be a good move..irregardless of a Stallworth or other...If it's the former..injuries then..it might be a pass especially if neck injuries..

Strictly TC competition. Certainly no lock to even make the 53.

Considering he is a Bengal, did he ever get arrested for anything? :)

We will be linked with every available WR in free agency. Many posters here think we were all set at WR, even before the Welker signing. The patriot FO has indicated a different opinion, backed up by their actions.

Many posters here think we were all set at WR, even before the Welker signing.

I don't really think many Pats fans believed that, do you?

Seems to me that, when you lose like the Pats did in 2006, you need to be looking to upgrade the team in any way you possibly can!

Anyone know what has happeend with him teh last two years?? Very little playing time...injuries or other receivers in the depth chart higher?? THAT I think makes a BIG diff...

I'm not sure what happened with him, but at least PART of it would have to be that "Chad Johnson, TJ Alphabet and Chris Henry" happened to him. That's a pretty tough trio to break through against for p-time.

Last edited:
He's got some pretty big injury concerns (previous neck injury, placed on IR this past season with hamstring injury), and from what I have read elsewhere, he is a bad seed. No thanks.

Last edited:
He's got some pretty big injury concerns (previous neck injury, placed on IR this past season with hamstring injury), and from what I have read elsewhere, he is a bad seed. No thanks.
Read where..a bad seed??? OR maybe in a bad place..Cinci??? The injuries I agree is a non-starter...but "bad seed"?? read where what?? link....

I read he was the exact opposite of a bad seed. He may have had trouble earlier in life that I'm unaware of, but with the Bengals he was considered a quality lockerroom presence and a good guy. He was also a very good ST palyer, when he played.

Obviously, his past injuries are a flag. Other than that, he is worth a look.

I think he would be a nice addition,but then I start thinking is it anohter jag type reciever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes