PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats show a little interest in Pacman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for some of these rehab projects (Moss, Rodney) but I DO NOT and WILL NOT cheer for PACMAN JONES, so please, keep him off the Patriots. I feel very strongly on this one. PLease do not bring him on the Patriots so that I do not have this sincere conflict of interests.

It comes down to the decision that should this guy be given a 2nd (or 3rd or ?) chance?!? The NFL & players union needs to be consistent, tough yet fair to Pacman & every player. I don't know the rules (how offenses become suspensions or lifetime bans, etc.) but I presonally would like to see him banned for life. Piece of sh*ts like him take advantage of having a great opportunity that I & every Joe Shmoe here will LOVE to do. One should be humbled to make big $ (even if its $500k+) to play a game....

As far as the football side goes: there's no doubt he would fill a big void for the PATS. They won't be able to get a high level CB like him in the draft or FA. So, I hope he just gets banned then to see him play well for whomever.

Pacman Jones has had WAY too many chances already to change things around, he is a punk who is never going to change his ways, that is clear that this point. I don't want this turd anywhere near my team or even in this league. The NFL should keep this clown out of the league for good. He hasn't learned anything and things he is entitled to a shot to come back. The whole Vegas incident made me sick. The NFL needs to take a stand and keep him out of the league for good.

Bring him in...........If there's any lockerroom, organization or team that can revive Pacman's career it's in New England. I'm all for it, if the deal is structured correctly.

Punt Return (2005-2006)
TDs: 4
Return Yards: 712
20+: 10

This guy would be huge in so many ways for us.

Re: Pats show a little interest in Pac man?

Moss was one thing. A proven talent who was carrying an unfair reputation for on-the-field antics and weed, and just needed a chance to perform in an environment where people had his back.

Pacman Jones is a whole different can of worms. Involvement in nightclub shootings, drug use, drug deals, vandalism, assault, public intoxication, gambling. I mean, his drug dealer said he needed to slow down and refocus on football.

His reputation is well-earned, and his past behavior makes him an extreme liability to take on.

Correct... same with Dillon.

None had the level of legal problems that Jones does.

But while weed and mooning fans was one thing for Moss, sitting out plays, and not trying hard once he was in the midst of a nice fat signing bonus contract WERE legitimate concerns which necessitated his "prove it" contract with the Pats last year, and which still, I believe, limited the length/signing bonus of his current contract.

Another article with some added comments about the Pats from his attorney...

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=59068

Cowboys, Patriots interested in Pacman?
By Terry McCormick

Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones’ said in an interview with an Atlanta radio this week that he would like to play for the Dallas Cowboys.

According to sources, the Cowboys and New England Patriots are among a handful of teams that could have interest in Jones. Jones made the comments regarding the Cowboys on 680-AM The Fan in Atlanta on Thursday.

Another report listed the Miami Dolphins as a possibility.

The City Paper first reported in its Feb. 28 edition that Jones’ agents had been given permission to seek a trade by the Titans. Conversations between Jones’ representatives and a number of teams took place at the NFL Combine last month in Indianapolis.

Jones’ attorney and agent Manny Arora said he no knowledge of any trade possibilities involving his client, but indicated that a trade to one of those organizations could be beneficial for Jones.

“We have been given no information about a trade,” Arora said. “If the Titans were to trade Adam, the Dallas Cowboys or New England Patriots would be a good fit for him. Those teams have strong leadership and a track record of being able to give players a second chance. If Adam was to play for one of those teams, there is a good likelihood that he and his teammates would all have rings on their fingers.”

The Titans declined comment on the matter, but have maintained that trading Jones is one of their options.

Jones, the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft, has been suspended since April 10 by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for a sting of off-field incidents that includes six arrests. Last month, Goodell extended Jones’ suspension saying it would be reviewed sometime before training camp.

Arora has said he hopes to have the matter reviewed sometime before the NFL Draft in late April to give his client a better chance of finding a role on a team in 2008.

The NFL said Jones does not have to be reinstated in order to be traded, but determining his value might be more difficult while he is unable to play.
Jones recently entered an Alford plea in Fayette County, Ga., in a felony obstruction of an officer charge to settle the last of charges pending against him.

people who say they dont want pacman here are the same people who would be talking about how great he was if he showed up here and and huge games all the time.

Plus we can be getting this guy for so cheap.

Moss went for a 4th rounder and that was a character issue, he wasn't suspended for a season.

people who say they dont want pacman here are the same people who would be talking about how great he was if he showed up here and and huge games all the time.

I would not deny his football talent, but I could not and will not cheer for him, even if he does come on the Patriots. The guy is scum and I hope whole heartedly that the Patriots STAY AWAY. He has proven to be nothing but trouble.

i dont think that pats would ever get this guy...way to much of a risk

There's a difference between a malcontent and a delinquent. In my mind, Moss and Dillon were the former, Jones is the latter.

Look, if the Pats bring Jones on board and he's reformed, a team player, blah blah, okay, I'll admit I was wrong and Belichick knows best. But from what I've seen of this guy's track record, I cannot imagine Belichick signing off on this, let alone Kraft.

This guy has serious problems that coaching alone cannot hope to fix.

There's a difference between a malcontent and a delinquent. In my mind, Moss and Dillon were the former, Jones is the latter.

Look, if the Pats bring Jones on board and he's reformed, a team player, blah blah, okay, I'll admit I was wrong and Belichick knows best. But from what I've seen of this guy's track record, I cannot imagine Belichick signing off on this, let alone Kraft.

This guy has serious problems that coaching alone cannot hope to fix.

could not - and did not - say it better.

#1. this is nothing like dillon, and moss.
#2. the only person who can turn pacmans life around, is pacman, not b.b.
#3. pacman is a great return man, but an average to above average c.b.
if he ever gets back on the field, and actually dedicates his life to football, he has the potential to be a great corner, but all he has shown so far is average, not great. do you really want to take a chance on a person like this, just because he might be good someday??

this is the thing that made me realize that pacman has alot of growing up to do.
#4. he has stated repeatedly, that if he was asked to choose between his friends, and football, he will always choose his friends.
keep in mind, its those very friends who usually start the trouble that pacman is always involved in. until he learns right from wrong, and can take responsibility for his actions, as well as the actions of his entourage, then i never ever ever want him to be a patriot!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I'll reiterate what I said earlier in this thread: no doubt he will fill shoes (Samuel) that are nearly impossible to find without paying a hefty ransom (e.g. Liteo Shephard) but he is & will always be scum (& a possible team malcontent to the point of TMZ media coverage!). So, I hope he just gets banned for life than to see him excel possibly for another team since I could not bear to see this guy be given another chance. It would be very unlikely that he could come into the PATS & be a model citizen / teammate. He is a lot different than Dillon / Moss!

Yes there is no doubt he has the talent to be an elite CB (he is already an elite PR / KR) but he has used up his get out of jail free card from the NFL in my book.

I'll raise the previous "well said", with a "very well said".

I'm all for giving people a second, third, fourth, or even nineteenth chance; if Pacman decides he wants to try to make a change, then sign me up.
I'm delighted if Pacman wants to make a change and rehabilitate himself. I have no idea why anyone should pay him millions of dollars and put him on a national stage before he has done so.

As others have pointed out, there's a difference between trouble with your teammates and trouble with the law.

Wonder what the owner of the Foxy Lady thinks of this?

Maybe the girls could carry those portable credit card machines like the waitresses at the Garden. That might keep Pacman from throwing money and starting riots. But defeats the purpose of tucking a bill in a garter though. Instead you'd just swipe it. i know OT.

Last edited:
I hear what everyone's saying, but let's not pretend that this league is divided into two categories:

1) Boyscouts
2) Pacman Jones

There are plenty of players currently suiting up every week who have had legal trouble which are just as serious. Maybe they haven't been as stupid about it, or as frequent, but there's no doubt this guy is a favorite media whipping boy, something he and the Patriots have in common (I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it). Hell, Ray Lewis probably killed two people, and he's still adored around the league.

I know he's a headcase and a punk, but let's not pretend he's alone in that, or that people with problems with the law haven't still been able to make it in the NFL.

Last edited:
Wonder what the owner of the Foxy Lady thinks of this?

At first thought you would say they would be scared.....but than again it may be worth the risk, he does bring what $80,000 in ones with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back