PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats show a little interest in Pacman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats show a little interest in Pac man?

Looks like the Cowboys are the biggest suitors for Pacman. They figure if they can tame TO, they can tame any headcase now.

I don't think the Pats are willing to give up a lot for Pacman, no pick on the first day anyways. Maybe a 6th rounder ala Williamson. So my guess is that if Dallas is truly interested, they will easily outbid New England. And you know what? That's prefectly fine with me, since Pacman is a human wasteland. You thought Moss was bad? He is a choir boy compared to the stripper magnet known as Pacman Jones.

thread is pointless. everyone knows bb kraft and pioli would never consider it. kraft himself said he was a little nervous about randy and corey. this knucklehead is far worse than they ever were. no point in even arguing it.

(goin back to lurkin....)

Re the Moss franchising -- reading his agent's quote, there was no hard and fast agreement not to franchise Moss. The lack of a franchise tag was just a much appreciated gesture.

Of course, he could be spinning, protecting the Pats from admitting they had agreed to such a thing once.

Just what we need. ANOTHER off the field distraction to over-come. :rolleyes:

In my opinion it would be a terrible, high-risk deal. Does anyone else think that he was really overrated, and just think how big of an adjustment it would be for him to start playing football again after not being around the game for a year..

I don't care if we got him for a 7th round pick, I don't want him on the team. It's not like taking on a Moss or a Dillon who were just unhappy with losing.

Anyone notice the weather around here today? We don't need anybody who's going to come here and make it rain. We've had enough. No thanks.

I really don't want him on the team. No need for Pacman Fever.

In my opinion it would be a terrible, high-risk deal. Does anyone else think that he was really overrated, and just think how big of an adjustment it would be for him to start playing football again after not being around the game for a year..

I don't think he's overrated at all. He's a great player. He's also out of his mind and an absolute horrible human being. That said, I wouldn't care if the Pats brought him in for a 1 year deal with no guarentees. That way they could just cut him at any point with no cap reprecussions. Other than that I wouldn't want him at all and I doubt the Pats would honestly ever consider him at all.

i dont get why you wouldn't want him on our team, great talent, no risk and for everyone who says he isnt a team player... HE IS ON DEFENSE AS A CORNERBACK.. just tell him this..."o.k., line up in front of this guy, and stop him from catching the ball, do whatever it takes, shoot him in the neck for i care"

i dont get why you wouldn't want him on our team, great talent, no risk and for everyone who says he isnt a team player... HE IS ON DEFENSE AS A CORNERBACK.. just tell him this..."o.k., line up in front of this guy, and stop him from catching the ball, do whatever it takes, shoot him in the neck for i care"

It's hard to root for a guy that hangs with guys (let's face it, they work for him) that shoot people and take maim them for life.

For life!

This is a sport.

In real life, the guy is scum.

I don't want this POS on the Pats and neither do they.

And you can't compare this loser with Randy Moss. One belongs in jail, the other just needed an attitude adjustment and a change of scenery.

His agent names the Pats as a team that he feels would be a good fit:

According to sources, the Cowboys and New England Patriots are among a handful of teams that could have interest in Jones.

“We have been given no information about a trade,” Arora said. “If the Titans were to trade Adam, the Dallas Cowboys or New England Patriots would be a good fit for him. Those teams have strong leadership and a track record of being able to give players a second chance. If Adam was to play for one of those teams, there is a good likelihood that he and his teammates would all have rings on their fingers.”

LINK

There is no actual evidence the Pats are looking at him, and his agent could be the source of their being pulled into it.

I suppose if they traded for Pacman I'd hold my nose and hope it works out. There is no denying he is supremely talented and would fill a big need for them, but his issues go a little beyond anybody they brought in before (Dillon, Moss).

Last edited:
Reading this I'd be amazed if Jones is ever seen in a Patriots uniform. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he never played in the NFL again.

Given how the media blew "spygate" out of proportion, and given how Goodell blew it out of proportion to appear tough, might it not be reasonable to think that the media/Goodell have blown Pac-Man's troubles out of all proportion? I'm not excusing his choice of friends at all, but I do wonder if in a different situation he may well be a better person.

And were he here and were he to not work out, there are several people hanging around in Foxboro who'd break him in half and bury him at the 20 yard line.

Just a timely effort by a player's agent to save his client's career.

The Pats most likely have no interest, although I really want to say they definitely have no interest...but that would make me an insider.

Given how the media blew "spygate" out of proportion, and given how Goodell blew it out of proportion to appear tough, might it not be reasonable to think that the media/Goodell have blown Pac-Man's troubles out of all proportion? I'm not excusing his choice of friends at all, but I do wonder if in a different situation he may well be a better person.

Well said! Quite agree...

I'm all for some of these rehab projects (Moss, Rodney) but I DO NOT and WILL NOT cheer for PACMAN JONES, so please, keep him off the Patriots. I feel very strongly on this one. PLease do not bring him on the Patriots so that I do not have this sincere conflict of interests.

And were he here and were he to not work out, there are several people hanging around in Foxboro who'd break him in half and bury him at the 20 yard line.

I'll raise the previous "well said", with a "very well said".

I'm all for giving people a second, third, fourth, or even nineteenth chance; if Pacman decides he wants to try to make a change, then sign me up.

Apples and oranges, buddy.

The media has blown the spygate out of proportion because even though there was a rule that stated that no videotaping signals was allowed, there was an unwritten rule that it was fair game. Thus, it was not heavily enforced until this past season.

There is no unwritten rule that Pacman is breaking. It is pretty clear that you do not associate yourself with criminal activity, including assaulting women and gun violence. There is nothing that can be blown out of proportion in this regard. The facts of his crime do all the talking needed.

This guy is part of the scum of the Earth. Do not try to relate breaking the rules of a game to breaking the rules of descent civilized society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back