PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Should Keep Garoppolo Through 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That comparison is epic fail for 2 reasons:

1) Brady is not threatening retirement every season like Favre, leaving the team to wonder if he is coming back or not, and....

2) I like Jimmy. But to annoint him as the next Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous.

you are correct.......it makes much more sense to continue to presume that Brady is simply going to continue doing things nobody has ever done.......put money on it......put all your money on it

Why would he agree to that? Especially if he could get more money and guaranteed playing time elsewhere?

Because both Brady and Polo are a competitor, and thinks he sure to win in a competition to play. Plus he has a chance for a Lombardi with the contending Pats. Who would give Polo more money than the signing big instant bonus contract the Pats will offer Polo, or the money and fame that Brady might receive with another Lombardi.

Because both Brady and Polo are a competitor, and thinks he sure to win in a competition to play. Plus he has a chance for a Lombardi with the contending Pats. Who would give Polo more money than the signing big instant bonus contract the Pats will offer Polo, or the money and fame that Brady might receive with another Lombardi.
Is Polo a thing?

You can can disagree all you want, but at least get your facts straight. I never said that Brady would be our QB through 2020. My estimate was a more realistic 2018. That's just 3 more seasons (including this one). Going out to 2020 WOULD be wishful thinking.

2. Your second point was equally fallacious. Why do you dismiss the possibility that Brissett, after 2 more years of training in this system, wouldn't turn into a good NFL QB, just like JG has.

3. Finally, you still haven't explained the "logistics" part of the JG problem. If the Pats move on from Brady after the 2017 season, how do they get past the $40+MM cap hit they would have to absorb at the QB just a year after paying for all those FA's the year before.

IMHO, there is no reason to make a decision now, or even after this season with regard to 2018. Brady is likely to be our quarterback. Personally, I like the option of having all options open. Obviously, if Brissett is good enough to be our future if Brady retires (after injury), then Jimmy should be moved. And , perhaps, that decision could be made after the 2016 season. Or not.

Yes, it would be very difficult to dealing with the unlikely possibility rady retiring after the 2017 season. Getting if one of our options does NOT seem very much like Belichick.

you are correct.......it makes much more sense to continue to presume that Brady is simply going to continue doing things nobody has ever done.......put money on it......put all your money on it
No no, you're correct. It makes sense to cut the greatest QB of all time who is showing ZERO signs of slowing down in favor of a guy who played 5.5 good quarters.

Step aside, Brady!! We got a guy with 2 wins as a starter coming through!!
he is going to ask @XLIX
The most opinionated ******* in this thread with head planted firmly in his own ass is making fun of me for having an opinion.

Please let us all know how your conference calls with Belichick and Kraft go. I know they'll want your opinion before deciding how to proceed.

Tom Brady has already done a lot of things no one has ever done.

Only a complete moron would criticize the idea that Brady is perfectly capable of winning Super Bowls after he turns 40.

No no, you're correct. It makes sense to cut the greatest QB of all time who is showing ZERO signs of slowing down in favor of a guy who played 5.5 good quarters.

Step aside, Brady!! We got a guy with 2 wins as a starter coming through!!

The most opinionated ******* in this thread with head planted firmly in his own ass is making fun of me for having an opinion.

Please let us all know how your conference calls with Belichick and Kraft go. I know they'll want your opinion before deciding how to proceed.

LOL......what an angry little dipshit

I'm still talking 2 years down the road, so stop being such a menstrual little troll

it's funny how you can't produce any of your own material and need run with mine

Tom Brady has already done a lot of things no one has ever done.

Only a complete moron would criticize the idea that Brady is perfectly capable of winning Super Bowls after he turns 40.

yup..........and he's going to keep doing them after the next 2 year....because....you know......bet the farm

BTW......the anger **** you pull? very convincing......it really emphasizes the points you try to make.......really.........it does.......

LOL......what an angry little dipshit

I'm still talking 2 years down the road, so stop being such a menstrual little troll

it's funny how you can't produce any of your own material and need run with mine
LOL!!
This guy pulls out the personal attacks then whines like a little baby when he gets a taste of his own medicine.

You called me a jackass, an angry little dipshit, and a menstrual little troll. Little child, you need to calm down and learn to accept people who have different opinions than you.

Oh, and take your head out of your ass while you're at it.

LOL!!
This guy pulls out the personal attacks then whines like a little baby when he gets a taste of his own medicine.

You called me a jackass, an angry little dipshit, and a menstrual little troll. Little child, you need to calm down and learn to accept people who have different opinions than you.

Oh, and take your head out of your ass while you're at it.

actually, it was you who initiated the personal attacks

I just obliged you........ ya jackass

actually, it was you who initiated the personal attacks

I just obliged you........ ya jackass
frankie-says-relax_1.png

$$$$$

I have started a thread about this as well.

Is there anything new that makes this discussion interesting? Are people going to change others minds?

We have no idea of the compensation. We have no idea who will be healthy by years end. We have no idea what BB will do, what contract discount JG would take, or how long Brady truly wants to play for.

It's just a circular argument that people have already staked out their side. Until something new develops.
There will be many threads on this topic for the foreseeable future. It really is an existential issue for the franchise.

There will be many threads on this topic for the foreseeable future. It really is an existential issue for the franchise.
It'll resolve soon enough. Once Brady is back to playing and dominating, people will forget the issue. We will need to revisit it in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back