PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats should draft a pure passrush 4-3 DE

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
considering the Pats like to go between the 3-4 and 4-3, I think the Patriots should look into drafting a pure 4-3 pass rushing DE, possibly with their 3rd round pick. lets face it none of their Dlinemen are that fast and sometimes when they go with the 4-3 the pass rush isnt always there. Just imagine if the Pats could find like a Mark Anderson or Elvis Dummervil situational pass rush type type later in the draft who can get you close to double digit sacks. I think it could really improve on what the Pats can do.

I think that's exactly what Jarvis Green is.

Green is a decent pass rusher, but Im talking about a pure speed pass rusher. Its hard to always find guys who are versatile, this guy would be someone who can just get after the QB when the team switches to a 4-3.

considering the Pats like to go between the 3-4 and 4-3, I think the Patriots should look into drafting a pure 4-3 pass rushing DE, possibly with their 3rd round pick. lets face it none of their Dlinemen are that fast and sometimes when they go with the 4-3 the pass rush isnt always there. Just imagine if the Pats could find like a Mark Anderson or Elvis Dummervil situational pass rush type type later in the draft who can get you close to double digit sacks. I think it could really improve on what the Pats can do.

a ton of ppl in here (including me) wanted mark anderson last yr
however i wanted him as an olb
not a de
jarvis green is fine in that de pass rushing role

Maybe if Pats select a Jarvis Moss or a Antony Spencer, they will have a guy who pass the rusher in a 3-4 and in a 4-3..

Because drafting a rusher who will only play on 4-3 situations (3rd down) would not pass BB's "versatility" test .

Last year that player's name was Tully Banta-Cain.

If this is meant to be an April Fool's post, it's clever, but rather late in the day.

I think you're dead on with this one.

Last year that player's name was Tully Banta-Cain.

Exactly. So, what RT26 is asking is to have a replacement for TBC ar OLB, who can play DE on 4-3.

Btw, Jarvis Green plays also DT in 4-3 formation.

Exactly. So, what RT26 is asking is to have a replacement for TBC ar OLB, who can play DE on 4-3.

Btw, Jarvis Green plays also DT in 4-3 formation.

Are you sure? Cuz that makes no sense. Green is listed at 285 while Seymour is listed at 310 and Warren is listed at 300. Last time I checked the bigger players play DT in the 4-3 so it should be Green and Warren at DE and Seymour and Wilfork at DT.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back