PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Should Be Able to Run Up The Middle On Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The Jets' very good starting NT, Pouha, likely won't play, so with his backup Ellis also out, the Jets will start their inexperienced 3rd UDFA stringer. Plus, ILB Bart Scott is banged up but will play with his lingering toe problem that limited him in practice all week. On top of that strong safety Laron Landry, no surprise, missed a practice this week with a heel injury though he will also likely play.

The Jets haven't been great against the run anyway, add in the Pats' improving run game and the injuries for the Jets and we should see some solid between the tackles yardage today.

The Pats should be able to run up, down and side to side against the Jests.
They could put Wilfork in at RB and get 100+ yards from him.

Based on how the Jets' defense has played this year, the Pats can run anywhere and everywhere. I know they shut down the Colts last week, but Donald Brown was out and their lead rusher after Brown is Andrew Luck. All other RBs have a combined total of 89 yards rushing on 44 carries this season.

Even with Bolden out, I think the Pats could rush for over 200 yards. The Jets' LBs are slow and they lost a lot of bulk on their d-line. The Jets also usually play the Pats in the nickel package with extra DBs on the field. If they decide they want to dial up the pressure on Brady, they are likely to put in Maybin at LB who sucks against the run.

Last edited:
Yeah the matchup's there for us, should be able to control this game.

I hope Vereen can at least take some carries, like 9-10 with around 20 from Ridley and the rest from Woody. They should all be able to have success against that D. If Vereen can't get touches this week I'll be vey concerned.

Yeah the matchup's there for us, should be able to control this game.

I hope Vereen can at least take some carries, like 9-10 with around 20 from Ridley and the rest from Woody. They should all be able to have success against that D. If Vereen can't get touches this week I'll be vey concerned.

This is a good opportunity for Vereen if there ever was one. Bolden is out so there should be some snaps for Vereen while Ridley and Woodhead will probably get most of the plays.

bolden is a sneaky big loss. He was a big part of the running game vs bills and broncos. Ridley alone cannot carry the load. Dont think they trust vereen enough esp in pass protection to using him.
Of course our game plan should include runs. For what we may know they may just come out and throw and throw to outthink the opponent.

Last edited:
Let's just be blunt. The Pats should be able to exploit any given defender on the Jets in any way they want to. It's just a matter of execution.

The Pats should be able to run up, down and side to side against the Jests.
They could put Wilfork in at RB and get 100+ yards from him.

Nothing would make me laugh harder!

I want to see Gronk and AH take out there safeties after all their trash talk about how they're going to make our TE's pay when the teams meet.

Ridley should have a big game, but I have a mild fear that BB will be wary of Bolden being out and so limit the number of carries Ridley gets.

Let's just be blunt. The Pats should be able to exploit any given defender on the Jets in any way they want to. It's just a matter of execution.

This.

I expect 50 friggin points tomorrow, it's time to murder the Jets. Their D-line will be a sieve, their LBs suck, Kyle Wilson will get barbecued against Welker, Cromartie will have trouble with a route runner like Lloyd, and Hernandez/Gronk will own the rest of that sorry ass defense.

The Jets are down to undrafted rookie Damon Harrison at NT as Pouha and Ellis didn't make the trip

Should be quite a bit easier up the middle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes