PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats select ILB Bo Ruud with 197th overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a somewhat related note:

Whatever happened to "Husker" our old Cornhusker PatsFans friend?

Im right here. Stopped Posting for the last few years on the boards. Went under the screen name HuskerPatriot and then Patskers, now this is my first post under Husker Patriot. Still frequent the chat room on gamedays and i feel now is the time to start posting again

Im right here. Stopped Posting for the last few years on the boards. Went under the screen name HuskerPatriot and then Patskers, now this is my first post under Husker Patriot. Still frequent the chat room on gamedays and i feel now is the time to start posting again

Whats the story with this Ruud kid, looks like he has potential.

I have watched this guy play for several years now and I hate to burst the Bo Bubbles but the Pats wasted a pick. Not going to say a whole lot more but just remember this post down the road.

maybe he's another special teamer, like slater? I could be mistaken, but im pretty sure Izzo isn't prototypical size for a 3-4 either (hence the special teams duty) - since he's getting older, maybe this is the replacement for izzo

I think you hit the nail on the head. Ruud is likely in direct competition with Izzo for ST abilities. Only one will probably make the team, and Ruud has an uphill battle ahead of him. Wonder if he would make it to the PS?

Let's hope he has half the talent of his older brother.

Whoopee!!! Notice that the power house Ball State had already tagged 37 on that mighty defense and outstanding linebacker play. He does manage to jump on the pile for some pretty good assist stats though.

Whoopee!!! Notice that the power house Ball State had already tagged 37 on that mighty defense and outstanding linebacker play. He does manage to jump on the pile for some pretty good assist stats though.

Sarcasm noted. What actually stood out for me in articles I read about him is he has a knack for the big play and being in the right place at the right time.

Colvin & Asante were our two best Big Play guys last year, and they are both gone.

I welcome any defender who can bring the Big Play dynamic to the table.

Yes, so we can clearly see that you're not a Husker fan, probably a fan of a Big 12 Rival. On top of that, you conveniently joined this site right about the time we selected Ruud. Clearly no agenda here folks. :rolleyes:

Being a husker fan I was glad to see us pick up Ruud. (and thankful Nebraska finally put Callahan out to pasture) BB and Pioli have been in Nebraska looking at several of their D players over the last year so they have seen him a bit first hand. Ruud is one of those players who you want to succeed, he has the mental makeup to do it it's just a matter of putting that on the field.

Hi Alk, Actually I have lived in Nebraska all my life and have resorted to following other sports there. I would lie if I said I did not follow the football and the only reason I checked this forum out is to see what was being said about the Bo pick. I like many other Nebr. fans were very suprised by the pick. Hope I am wrong but after playing ball, having a son play college ball, I don't claim to be an expert on talent but from what I have seen with Bo is he just won't make the grade. Your right no more agenda here. Don't really care about the Pats either way but will check back in a year and we will talk about that 6th pick.

Hi Alk, Actually I have lived in Nebraska all my life and have resorted to following other sports there. I would lie if I said I did not follow the football and the only reason I checked this forum out is to see what was being said about the Bo pick. I like many other Nebr. fans were very suprised by the pick. Hope I am wrong but after playing ball, having a son play college ball, I don't claim to be an expert on talent but from what I have seen with Bo is he just won't make the grade. Your right no more agenda here. Don't really care about the Pats either way but will check back in a year and we will talk about that 6th pick.

You'll have a son who played college ball, when I'm the Sultan of Brunei...

Athletically, how does he compared to Barrett? Purely physical.

I am not going to fault his determination but as far as compaired to Barrett he just isn't as physical. Even if he gains the weight he just doesn't seem to have the build for a linebacker. He does have a nose for the football and seems to be around the play alot but I just have a feeling they will run him over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back