PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats select CB Terrence Wheatley with 62nd overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does he compare to devin hester?

Would have rather seen them send this pick as a package to the Eagles and try to get Lito Sheppard, but that dream has passed....Sounds like the next Chris Canty to me.

Wheatley was highly recommended by Bobby Grier.

Re: Terrence Wheatley highlight video link

F-A-S-T

Wow.

I'm going with IBBWT. He certainly is smart enough to play in the NFL. He seems like he would get pushed around in there. I could see him being a great nickel back, but he has no chance if you put him on an island out there.

Re: Patriots Select TERRANCE WHEATLEY with 62nd pick

who ? LOL. We could have drafted a starter in Charles Godfrey !!!

What makes you think that Godfrey would be a starter in this defense? The fact he's got horrible footwork? Has some major technique issues when it comes to his back-pedal and hand usage? Or maybe its his inability to change direction fluidly?

As for you laughing, you might want to follow this team a bit better. This is the sort of player the Pats are known for drafting.

apparently some of the media in dallas had them interested in Wheatley, but Mike Jenkins fell to them at #25.

They also took Martellus Bennett at #61 who i though was going to slide a bit more. I was interested in him quite a bit, our injuries at te last year were a concern of mine but my understanding of bennett is that he isn't much of a blocker anyway.

I'm going with IBBWT. He certainly is smart enough to play in the NFL. He seems like he would get pushed around in there. I could see him being a great nickel back, but he has no chance if you put him on an island out there.

why do you say that?

Wheatley was highly recommended by Bobby Grier.

No. Godfrey was the one recommended by Grier. Wheatley was the one that BB and Pioli believe in.

Re: Terrence Wheatley highlight video link

F-A-S-T

Wow.
Yup. Looks like he anticipates well and has some ball skills as well.

So, looks like our corners right now are Bryant, Meriweather, Hobbs, Webster, and Wheatley.

Not great, but depending on how far Meriweather comes this summer, I'd say they're good enough.

I watched the Video of Him on the NFLN from the Combine and his feet were really really smooth and extremely quick.

It'd be cool if he didn't suck.

Re: Patriots Select TERRANCE WHEATLEY with 62nd pick

Wheatley- 5'9 178
Hobbs- 5'9 195
Samuel 5'10 185

wheatley needs a few pounds but he has speed and you can't coach speed and quickness

time will tell

I watched the Video of Him on the NFLN from the Combine and his feet were really really smooth and extremely quick.

It'd be cool if he didn't suck.

makes you think that BB, Pees, and Capers are up to something. will we see more man to man coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back