PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats scouting McFadden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
as per si.com:

The Patriots had just beaten the Cowboys in October and were celebrating in their popcorn-strewn locker room when head coach Bill Belichick addressed the team. He was happy that the Patriots rallied for a 48-27 win, but disappointed that not everyone was healthy enough to play. The focus of his wrath reportedly was running back Laurence Maroney, whom Belichick derisively referred to only as "No. 39," admonishing him to toughen up and get on the field where his team needed him. Word around the league is that the Pats have scouted Darren McFadden extensively and are fans of his game. There's a difference, however, between scouts liking him and Belichick liking him, and the head coach won't be making those kind of decisions until after the season.

as per si.com:

The Patriots had just beaten the Cowboys in October and were celebrating in their popcorn-strewn locker room when head coach Bill Belichick addressed the team. He was happy that the Patriots rallied for a 48-27 win, but disappointed that not everyone was healthy enough to play. The focus of his wrath reportedly was running back Laurence Maroney, whom Belichick derisively referred to only as "No. 39," admonishing him to toughen up and get on the field where his team needed him. Word around the league is that the Pats have scouted Darren McFadden extensively and are fans of his game. There's a difference, however, between scouts liking him and Belichick liking him, and the head coach won't be making those kind of decisions until after the season.
and here is the link
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl/

which links to the herald article tomase wrote.so nothing new.

That would bring your run game on par with your passing game:eek:

Guess what? So are 31 other teams. If the Pats pick stays at #2, there is as much chance that the Pats pick McFadden as there is that the Pats stay at #2. I don't believe that either of those will happen.

They could just be making a bunch of sh!t up.

as per si.com:

Perhaps the idea being that they're just trying to drive up the value of their pick, by making it look like they might take McFadden?

Did you see the game against the steelers, wes welker got like 6 catches in a row.

they pass the ball like 30 times to 1 run play. Why would they waste the pick on mcfadden?

they will trade for a gem from another team and also grab a later 1st round pick.

they have so much leverage.

Guess what? So are 31 other teams. If the Pats pick stays at #2, there is as much chance that the Pats pick McFadden as there is that the Pats stay at #2. I don't believe that either of those will happen.

Yep, I agree, and I bet all 32 teams are looking at Chris Long, Jake Long, Vernon Gholston, Glenn Dorsey, Jame Laurentis, and other first rounders, along with small schoolers like Joe Flacco, Kendall Langford, Dexter Jackson and others. That what scouts do. Same with team fans who root for losing football teams.

Last edited:
The word is that Jerry Jones LOVES McFadden. I know Dallas has 2 1st round picks, but I don't think they'll be anywhere near valuable enough to move into the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back