PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats schedule has 10-6 all over it (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody please tell me why I just wasted a few minutes of my time reading that?

"Son, this world is full of stupid people [Hector Longo]. Don't be one of them."

Here's some of the highlights for those people who will take my word for it being a piece of trash article:

Hector Longo said:
Sept. 24, 8:15 p.m., host DenverThe bandwagon comes to a screeching halt. Jake Plummer and Rod Smith again stretch Belichick's secondary with those unstoppable crossing routes, and the Pats take their first tumble on national TV.

Record: 2-1

Oct. 1, 4:15 p.m., at Cincinnati — Just an atrocious matchup for the Pats. Neither Johnson (Chad or Rudi) can be stopped and a recovered Carson Palmer takes care of the rest. The Bengals are like Belichickian Kryptonite. The Pats stumble to .500.

Record: 2-2

Nov. 5, 8:15 p.m., host Indianapolis — No, Adam Vinatieri doesn't come home to kick the game-winning field goal for Indy. He's too busy putting up extra-point kicks as Peyton Manning — whose ownership and management choose to surround him with two big-time receiverstears the Pats secondary to shreds. A big step backward for New England.

~~~This is the point where you get back into your chair after laughing uncontrollably~~~

Record: 5-3

Nov. 19, 1 p.m., at Green BayOur NFL sources have Brett Favre coming back for one more season. That makes this one an all-out war. Two of the greatest competitors in history, Brady and Favre, collide at historic Lambeau Field. The result is a classic, in which age prevails over beauty in a thriller. There's just enough left in No. 4's tank.

~~~You've just passed the point where this idiot's agenda really comes into focus. Are you sure this story was truly published on the website, not some hacker's garbage?~~~

Record: 6-4

Dec. 10, 1 p.m., at Miami — The Dolphins are hungry, playing with an attitude ex-coach Dave Wannstedt and every QB since Dan Marino could not provide. It's possibly the most physical game on the schedule, with Miami looking to end the Patriots' stranglehold on the division. Match up the weapons on each side of the ball, and the Fish are just better. They show it in the biggest win of Saban's young tenure.

Record: 8-5

Dec. 24, 1 p.m., at Jacksonville — Playing three of the final four on the road hurts the Pats here, especially with the Jaguars remaining hungry and in the playoff hunt. Both teams are up for this playoff-type game, but the Jags remember the rough treatment in the January meeting at Gillette. It's time to exact a little payback. The Pats see their AFC East title reign end with a loss. Record: 9-6

Last edited:
This guy is Ron Borges in training. If I remember right from some of his less than memorable columns, he has an overly negative attitude towards the Pats.

What's this guy doing? Shouldn't he be analyzing the Eagles schedule? Why is he wasting his time worrying about the Pats? Way to predict the schedule results when the Pats haven't even drafted anybody or signed any june 1st cuts. Everyone quick, jump on the Dolphins bandwagon before it's too late. What a tool....

And another thing. He has the Pats losing in Green Bay. Wow! Packers are looking like one of the worst teams in the NFL with each day that goes by. If Favre doesn't return, they will be battling the Niners for the first pick in next years draft.:confused:

THEARCHIVES said:
What's this guy doing? Shouldn't he be analyzing the Eagles schedule? Why is he wasting his time worrying about the Pats? Way to predict the schedule results when the Pats haven't even drafted anybody or signed any june 1st cuts. Everyone quick, jump on the Dolphins bandwagon before it's too late. What a tool....

People like him make me (or any of us for that matter - even Tony Collins or patsummerallofthe80s) sound like the next football God. Hell, even Borges could do better than this:

Hector Longo said:
The draft? When the Pats grab another tight end in the first round on April 29, it has to tilt the balance of power a little bit, right?

This hack utterly disgraces those who actually work hard as journalists, backed by and exhibiting a strong education.

Last edited:
THEARCHIVES said:

The Eagle Tribune is a paper from Lawrence, Massachusetts. That is why Longo is talking about the Patriots.

Longo is the other why I stopped reading the Tribune's football section. The only good reporter they have there is Russ Conway.

I dislike Hector Longo also. There was some article he wrote last year blasting the team for some stupid reason.

I really think most of these newspapers guys are just fighting for thier lives anyway. They have to make themselves stand out in order to keep the few jobs left. Newspapers are dying quickly in the internet age. Look whats happening at the Herald where reporters often cover two or more sports at once. They are really downsizing sports sections at every newspaper. Guys like Mannix are just dumped. Others are quickly making the transition to other forms of media (Felger and Curran)

I see it in almost every guy (except for Reiss) who cover the pats. Belichick allows no access and these guys, who desperately need stories to keep their jobs, decide to blast the front office

If you think about it, these negative articles are a reflection of their job not the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back