Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats schedule has 10-6 all over it (link)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MrTibbs, Apr 7, 2006.

1. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Can somebody please tell me why I just wasted a few minutes of my time reading that?

"Son, this world is full of stupid people [Hector Longo]. Don't be one of them."

Here's some of the highlights for those people who will take my word for it being a piece of trash article:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  3. Steve1iron

Steve1iron Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This guy is Ron Borges in training. If I remember right from some of his less than memorable columns, he has an overly negative attitude towards the Pats.
  4. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What's this guy doing? Shouldn't he be analyzing the Eagles schedule? Why is he wasting his time worrying about the Pats? Way to predict the schedule results when the Pats haven't even drafted anybody or signed any june 1st cuts. Everyone quick, jump on the Dolphins bandwagon before it's too late. What a tool....
  5. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And another thing. He has the Pats losing in Green Bay. Wow! Packers are looking like one of the worst teams in the NFL with each day that goes by. If Favre doesn't return, they will be battling the Niners for the first pick in next years draft.:confused:
  6. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

People like him make me (or any of us for that matter - even Tony Collins or patsummerallofthe80s) sound like the next football God. Hell, even Borges could do better than this:

This hack utterly disgraces those who actually work hard as journalists, backed by and exhibiting a strong education.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  7. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +211 / 16 / -36

#50 Jersey

The Eagle Tribune is a paper from Lawrence, Massachusetts. That is why Longo is talking about the Patriots.

Longo is the other why I stopped reading the Tribune's football section. The only good reporter they have there is Russ Conway.
  8. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dislike Hector Longo also. There was some article he wrote last year blasting the team for some stupid reason.

I really think most of these newspapers guys are just fighting for thier lives anyway. They have to make themselves stand out in order to keep the few jobs left. Newspapers are dying quickly in the internet age. Look whats happening at the Herald where reporters often cover two or more sports at once. They are really downsizing sports sections at every newspaper. Guys like Mannix are just dumped. Others are quickly making the transition to other forms of media (Felger and Curran)

I see it in almost every guy (except for Reiss) who cover the pats. Belichick allows no access and these guys, who desperately need stories to keep their jobs, decide to blast the front office

If you think about it, these negative articles are a reflection of their job not the Patriots.