PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats same as NBA cheating ref...says Strahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

PF1996

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Tells you something about the state of journalism these days when the person getting the quotes from these players never thought it appropriate to ask them why the Patriots videotaping defensive signals for the purpose of predicting defensive calls is "cheating", "deserving of harsh punishment" but the Dolphins "buying" tape of offensive signals and using such tape to predict offensive calls isn't "cheating". Videotaping defensive signals is violation of an administrative rule. It is not cheating because USING tape of a team's signals to predict the offensive/defensive calls IS allowed. The "integrity of the game" isn't less affected if the SOURCE of the videotape that allows teams to decode another team's signals is produced externally rather than internally. I will be very upset if the Pats lose a first day pick over this.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/sports/AP-FBN-NFL-Spying.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

''Hopefully there's a harsh enough penalty that it's not worth it to try to cheat and try to get any advantage that you're not allowed to get,'' Palmer said. ''I hope the commissioner is just as harsh on them as he's been on individual players for making mistakes.

**Zach Thomas needs to explain to young Carson that you're allowed to "cheat and try to get any advantage" in the NFL. The only thing regulated by the NFL is the method used to "cheat".

''It just makes you wonder how long they've been doing this and has it really helped them win some games? Giants defensive end Michael Strahan said on a conference call with Wisconsin media ''That's no different from the cheating ref in basketball.''

**Guess Tiki didn't tell Strahan that "everyone does it" :rolleyes:

Heinz Ward says they knew all are plays , Shaun Alexander says well it seems like they knew all of our plays... this is getting way to out of hand......

I felt terrible for Palmer when Von Oelhoffen took out his knee. If such a thing should happen again I'll just open another beer. As for Michael "I wear a sarong" Strahan... this guy's only claim to fame is his dubious sack record, handed to him when his buddy Favre faked a sack. I hope he voluntarily asks the NFL record books to cough it up. And, I expect to see him in a dress when the Pats play the Giants. With curlers.

Honestly, who gives a sh*t what these idiots are saying? The media asks the question because they know they'll get stuff to splash around to drag this on and on.

The only thing regulated by the NFL is the method used to "cheat"
I think THAT sums this whole thing up in a nutshell..and unless people understand that..including writers, players etc..they are going to be WAY off the mark with comments..digging holes that in time will smother them.
I didn't know the Patriots were shaving points?? Strahan WHAT an idiot!!! I really hope someone is making a list of dumb quotes NOT ONLY from players but from journalists..because in time they will be embarrassed by what they said.

If he was not a talented football player, Strahan would be in a grocery store asking paper or plastic (if he were able to remember his lines).

**Zach Thomas needs to explain to young Carson that you're allowed to "cheat and try to get any advantage" in the NFL. The only thing regulated by the NFL is the method used to "cheat".
As there is no rule against getting others' signals, by definition that's not cheating. Therefore there's no regulation against it because there's no "it".

Without trying to sound like a dufus homer, my opinion is that Belichick was simply caught illegally taping a game. Not illegally taping a game to cheat but simply taping a game.

If there's no rule, how can it be cheating ? What's next . . . electronic blindfolds on the QB before the snap so the QB can't read the defense - isn't that cheating too ?

And about this quote - I have no idea why players who are on our schedule are commenting on this. They're just going to say something they'll regret.

I felt terrible for Palmer when Von Oelhoffen took out his knee. If such a thing should happen again I'll just open another beer. As for Michael "I wear a sarong" Strahan... this guy's only claim to fame is his dubious sack record, handed to him when his buddy Favre faked a sack. I hope he voluntarily asks the NFL record books to cough it up. And, I expect to see him in a dress when the Pats play the Giants. With curlers.

Excellent point. His sack record is a fraud. Maybe he should fall on his sword as well.

Heinz Ward says they knew all are plays , Shaun Alexander says well it seems like they knew all of our plays... this is getting way to out of hand......

Someone should ask Hines Ward about the massive shipments of HGH to the Steeler team doctor from an online pharmacy during their SB run. And then they should ask Shaun Alexander about the "K-Ball" fiasco that cost the Cowboys a playoff victory and Parcells his job, scarred a young QB and prompted a rule change. Or was that just "gamesmanship"? What hypocrites.

Wait ...

So Strahan is saying that because the Patriots tried to steal signals from the Jests and gain a gamesmanship advantage is comparable too:

Calling penalties to fix games for monetary value. Please ... PLEASE tell me this is some kind of sick joke.

I reccomend Zoloft and a shot of Jack for every media head. Lets all take a load off. Good Christ.

Are you serious? I almost choked when I read this.

Of course, one might want to ask some of these crybabies how the Patriots knew all of their offensive plays.

Didn't strahan cheat on his wife with a guy?

Yep. His wife accused him in court of cheating on her with another man. I guess that kind of perverse cheating doesn;t register with "Sarong" Strahan.

Let's not be too harsh on the Players. Of course they are gonna say that silly sh!t.

They've all been embarrassed by the Pats in the last few years so it a great way to say......... "Hey, it's not cuz we suck, it's cuz they cheated" :rolleyes:

They all would love Goodell to say, I'm gonna dock you guys BB, Brady and Moss for the next 8 weeks as punishment :cool:

pats have beaten almost every team in the last 4 yrs so u can bet every player on that team is going to say something

Wait a second! Why would anyone care what Strahan says. Strahan is probably the first rich guy in the world who had a prenup with his wife where he is forced to pay his wife more than he would have if he didn't have a prenup at all. And anything he says has any merit? The guy is dumber than toast.

Tells you something about the state of journalism these days when the person getting the quotes from these players never thought it appropriate to ask them why the Patriots videotaping defensive signals for the purpose of predicting defensive calls is "cheating", "deserving of harsh punishment" but the Dolphins "buying" tape of offensive signals and using such tape to predict offensive calls isn't "cheating". Videotaping defensive signals is violation of an administrative rule. It is not cheating because USING tape of a team's signals to predict the offensive/defensive calls IS allowed. The "integrity of the game" isn't less affected if the SOURCE of the videotape that allows teams to decode another team's signals is produced externally rather than internally. I will be very upset if the Pats lose a first day pick over this.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/sports/AP-FBN-NFL-Spying.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

''Hopefully there's a harsh enough penalty that it's not worth it to try to cheat and try to get any advantage that you're not allowed to get,'' Palmer said. ''I hope the commissioner is just as harsh on them as he's been on individual players for making mistakes.

''It just makes you wonder how long they've been doing this and has it really helped them win some games? Giants defensive end Michael Strahan said on a conference call with Wisconsin media ''That's no different from the cheating ref in basketball.''

**Guess Tiki didn't tell Strahan that "everyone does it" :rolleyes:

You mean the same Michael Strahan who sat out ALL of TC to mull his retirement options, then decided to waltz in once preseason was over and done?:rofl:

Did anyone else witness his p-poor effort against Dallas the other night?

Hey, don't forget about his gapped tooth grin...
19944.jpg

that's a large part of his fame right there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes