PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats run up the score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Found this on the ESPN Forum:

Since the Pats are accused of being so awful, I just wanted to point out the hypocrasy:

2005 Chargers 41 vs. Pats 17

FG 10:16 Nate Kaeding 21 Yd
Drive: 15 plays, 72 yds, 8:55 34 17
TD 14:26 Clinton Hart 40 Yd Interception Return (Nate Kaeding Kick) 41 17

40 yard INT TD? He could have just fallen down with 44 seconds left?

2007 Dallas vs. 34 Bears 10

FOURTH QUARTER DAL CHI FG 12:10 Nick Folk 44 Yd 20 10 TD 11:49 Anthony Henry 28 Yd Interception Return (Nick Folk Kick) 27 10 TD

03:20 Marion Barber Iii 1 Yd Run (Nick Folk Kick) 34 10

Doesn't seem to me like Dallas let the foot off the accellerator in the 4th qtr.

2007 SF vs. Pittsburgh

FOURTH QUARTER SFO PIT FG 14:55 Jeff Reed 49 Yd 9 20 FG 04:59 Jeff Reed 35 Yd 9 23 TD 04:01 Bryant Mcfadden 50 Yd Interception Return (Jeff Reed Kick) 9 30 TD 02:22 Taylor Jacobs 21 Yd Pass From Alex D. Smith (Joe Nedney Kick) 16 30

TD 01:51 Najeh Davenport 39 Yd Run (Jeff Reed Kick) 16 37

Big Ben better be careful. He might have a target on his back if he keeps this up.

Yeah-there's alot of complaining about the Pats over running up the score, dirty play, and Goodell trying to tilt the refs in favor of the Pats over on the CMB.

For one, I'm NOT one of them-but nonetheless get alot of flack over it.

Yeah-there's alot of complaining about the Pats over running up the score, dirty play, and Goodell trying to tilt the refs in favor of the Pats over on the CMB.

For one, I'm NOT one of them-but nonetheless get alot of flack over it.

It happens. People get sick of seeing the same teams be successful. The worm will turn. Dallas should be well aware of it. ;)

I was on the Cowboys forum just checking out what the after game reactions were, and almost everybody was crying about the Pats running up the score, and how we probably paid off the refs. It is getting embarrassing for our opponents when they lose. It sounds like a lot of sour grapes. They say the Pats have no class....oh well.

Bill Simmons page 2 article today fuels this fire. His theory is that the pats are saying a big FU to the league. Baloney. He uses the Moss 45 yard touchdown early in the fourth quarter agains the Bills as evidence. Baloney. There's no such thing as "running up the score" with nearly 11 minutes left.

Yesterday, Phillips decided to call a time out when the patriots would have run the game out. And the reality is that Belichick would have run the game out, because he understands that it's actually the smarter play. Never give up possession if you don't have to. Ever. If it's under 2:00 and you have the ball on first down and your opponent has no time outs, BB will kneel every single time. No matter what the lead, once you give up possession anything can happen, given the onside kick. Sure we're talking about extremely remote possibilities -- virtually impossible. But I have never ever seen the Patriots under BB score points when they could run the clock out.

I was on the Cowboys forum just checking out what the after game reactions were, and almost everybody was crying about the Pats running up the score, and how we probably paid off the refs. It is getting embarrassing for our opponents when they lose. It sounds like a lot of sour grapes. They say the Pats have no class....oh well.

Honestly-they probably don't mean it-it was our golden opportunity to shine in the national spotlight(like we did in the Indy game last year) and prove all the Jim Rome-like naysayers in the media, but we came out and laid an egg on our home turf.(at least Romo looked good)

As for all the bad ref calls-I saw them on BOTH sides, which all but washed everything out(and no, I didn't see any non-holding calls on either side either).

Running up the score? didn't we run on pretty much every play in that last drive save for 1? If you know the run is coming and can't stop it that's not us running up the score, taking the sure points with a FG would be running up the score, going for 2 would be running up the score.

You think we should keep it close so other teams and fans like us? The bomb to Moss in the Bills game was to get more points. So?. Shut up and stop us. Feeding Moss keeps him happy. The "extra" scoring we do has its place and yes Belichick and the Pats are making a statement to the league and the "cheater" crying crowd. After what they have been through I'm glad they are fighting back with their play on the field and not their mouths. So I say more power too them.

my thought on this matter has always been.........

There is no such thing as running up the score.

Instead of crying about it, STOP THEM!

If you can't stop them then that's your problem not ours.

It's a football game... It's 60 minutes... Play till the whistle blows... I don't care if there is 20 seconds left and the score is 100-0 and they are on the 50 yard line, I'm going to holler at Brady through the TV to throw it deep for Moss and punch it in one more time before time expires... It's a competitive sport... Grow up Dallas and quit whining because you lost!!

Wasn't WP playing the game till the end by calling a timeout with less than 2min on the clock?
We were just giving our 5th string RB some game experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back