PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats rumored to be trading out of 1st round now...

It looks like something that'll slide down the wall.

Ugh, it's beginning to look like a wholly uninteresting day.

It looks like something that'll slide down the wall.

Box, I think you're probably right but its just fun to watch the media chase their tails trying to figure out what the Pats are going to do...

smoke meet screen...

Well, if the Pats can get a two this year and a one the next, I'm all for trading out of #23.

Ugh, it's beginning to look like a wholly uninteresting day.

A repeat of the 2007 draft without a blockbuster trade for Welker

and Moss.

A repeat of the 2007 draft without a blockbuster trade for Welker

and Moss.

Ummm . . . the Welker theft was in the beginning of March. So the Pats had 24, 28, and 92—and then traded away 28 and 92.

Whoah. If they can't get in to the top 10 then there's nobody they like?

Value.

Speaking for myself, the one constant for me has been my lack of enthusiasm for the #23 candidates. I'm talking about those consistently ranked at or near #23. This is why I welcomed a trade down, to either add another pick this draft, and/or another in 2010.

Yesterday's topic of focus would be my #1 hope. To add a top rated impact player to the roster at minimal cost in a tradeup, while still maintaining a boatload of picks is quite frankly -- a no-brainer.

So moving #23 in either direction -- I welcome with open arms.

Scott Pioli is looking for a #2 pick.

Sure, and that leaves us with 2, with 1 of them being practically a 1st round pick. What would you say to drafting a Chris Snee type player at 34? Me, I love the idea.

I thought that was the strength of this draft. :confused2:

The real strength of this draft are the late first all the way through round two prospects, and even seeping into round three. Where of course NE has 5 picks (R2 -3).

The real strength of this draft are the late first all the way through round two prospects, and even seeping into round three. Where of course NE has 5 picks (R2 -3).

Well, exactly. So I'm a little confused why you wouldn't want a good player at 23 for a reasonable price. That's the threshold of the strength of this draft.

This is either going to be stellar or pretty ordinary isnt it

Only problem being there's a long way from that last second to the first third (relative to where the other picks are).

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back