PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Revenge Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avenging all big losses.... It's only right we play NYG in a SB Rematch

Maybe they can schedule the Bears the week after the SB, paybacks for '85:)

ummmmmmm, take a pass on that one :eek:

god I hope so

I can't handle losing to Gomer again

It's only right if we WIN!

Last playoff loss pre-2001 was against the Jaguars in 1998.

Patriots Revenge Tour 2011-2012

aAAoF.jpg

Courtesy of Reddit.

Consider this: When the Pats meet on Tuesday and meet in a group, BB is going to ask all the players who played in the 2007 Subperbowl to stand up. There will be about a half dozen at most. Then he's going to explain that this game has NOTHING to do with 2007.

This is the MEDIOTS' story. This is redemption for the fans. It has NOTHING to do with the this team. The only redemption this team can get from this game is the loss back in week nine

Jets - The team that upset the Pats in the playoffs last year and celebrated all over our home field. We win both games in the series for the first time since Rex has been there.

Colts - The team that came back and eliminated us in 2006. They were never alive this year. But we beat them.

Broncos - The team that gave Brady and Belichick their first ever playoff loss in 2005. We stomp them in the playoffs.

Ravens - The team that knocked us out of the playoffs in 2009. We beat them in a heartbreaker.

Giants - The team that ruined the "perfect season" in 2007. To be written........

With a Win over the Giants in the SuperBowl, the Patriots will get redemption for all the disappointing Playoff losses since 2005

Win the Superbowl!! That's all I care about! Go Pats!!!

Consider this: When the Pats meet on Tuesday and meet in a group, BB is going to ask all the players who played in the 2007 Subperbowl to stand up. There will be about a half dozen at most. Then he's going to explain that this game has NOTHING to do with 2007.

This is the MEDIOTS' story. This is redemption for the fans. It has NOTHING to do with the this team. The only redemption this team can get from this game is the loss back in week nine

Well said my friend, well said. Just gonna throw it out there, 7 players from that team are still on the roster.

Brady
Faulk
Welker
Light
Mankins
Wilfork
Gostkowski

Did I miss anyone?

Brady
Faulk
Welker
Light
Mankins
Wilfork
Gostkowski

Did I miss anyone?

Maybe I worded it wrongly.

It's not revenge for all of the PATRIOTS players..... It's revenge for the 2 most significant Patriots of all time. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.

Oh... and the fans too.

Last edited:
The Patriots' National Vengeance Tour

This season the Patriots appear to be righting a lot of wrongs, exacting vengeance on the teams that have knocked them out of the playoffs ever since the 2004 Super Bowl.

2004 - won the Super Bowl

2005 - lost to the Broncos in the divisional round (2011 - Pats bury the Broncos in the divisional round)

2006 - lost to the Colts in the AFCCG (2011 - beat Indy in the regular season, now play in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl)

2007 - lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl (2011 - now play the Giants again in the SB rematch)

2009 - lost to the Ravens in the wild card round (2011 - beat the Ravens in the AFCCG)

2010 - lost to the Jets in the divisional round (2011 - beat the Jets twice in the regular season, helping keep NY out of the playoffs)

If the Pats win the Super Bowl in two weeks, they will have dealt with every one of the foes that have knocked them out since their last SB title. They've taken care of the Broncos, Ravens, and Jets. How sweet would it be to take care of the Giants and celebrate in the House that Peyton built?

Re: The Patriots' National Vengeance Tour

How sweet would it be to take care of the Giants and celebrate in the House that Peyton built?

Pretty damn sweet.

I've actually been thinking about this since just after we found out we were playing Baltimore and finding out that the NYG had a chance to move on as well too.

I did not really want to say anything and be a jinx, but we can say it now. One more win (for Myra) and we can wash of a lot pain and misery we've felt in the last 6-7 years. For me anyway.

Pretty damn sweet.

I've actually been thinking about this since just after we found out we were playing Baltimore and finding out that the NYG had a chance to move on as well too.

I did not really want to say anything and be a jinx, but we can say it now. One more win (for Myra) and we can wash of a lot pain and misery we've felt in the last 6-7 years. For me anyway.

2004 was like that for me as a Red Sox fan. The 2003 ALCS was brutal. To come back and beat the Yankees in 2004 was incredible, and then knocking off the Cardinals - who had beaten the Red Sox in 1946 and 1967 in the World Series - well, they exorcised a lot of demons that postseason. The Pats can do the same.

Ha! Check my new Sig.

You left out a great one- repaying Bernard Pollard for 2008! Different team, but same punk ***** player. Choke on it, Bernard!

Right on! Playoff demons being excised weekly!

Sweep the Jets and pour gallons of accelerant on their self-immolation pire.

Pound the Broncos twice exposing them as frauds with Champ Bailey still on the field.

Dump the Ravens and have them hate themselves for their own mistakes

Now come the NY football Giants. A surgical offensive blowout is what is needed.

Ha! Check my new Sig.

You left out a great one- repaying Bernard Pollard for 2008! Different team, but same punk ***** player. Choke on it, Bernard!

Yeah, good pickup. I didn't think of that, though I should. Pollard ended Brady's 2008 season. He was the guy making the play on Welker when Wes tore his ACL in 2009. And he injured Gronk in this game. Glad that guy is going home!

Holy Moly, I cannot believe this is actually happening.

GO PATS!!

I 'm totally down with this thread idea.....2 down 1 to go!:cool:

I'm going to be very honest in saying I didn't want to see the Giants again in the SB, but since that's what is going to happen, I've definitely got revenge on my mind now. We'll see what happens. A real revenge tour would have been the Jets in the divisional round, though.

Totally agree. I want no part of the Giants in the Superbowl.

The Giants used up all their luck against the 49ers. Two easy picks were missed because two opponents ran into each other, TWICE! How bad must the throws have been, that either of two opponents could have intercepted?

A quick lucky whistle overuled a 49er fumble recovery in the Redzone.

A reserve ST returner fumbles twice?

And it still it took most of OT to win.

Meanwhile Brady had a poor game and they still beat the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back