PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats reputation and free agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Anyone wonder how this yrs PR on the team and BB will effect new players from signing here ? Will we need to really pay a lot of money for anyone to come here . the lure of the ring is there but will the bad publicity and the facts that the rest of players in the league hate the pats effect their decision to join the team. any thoughts ?

I doubt it will change much. Everyone wants a shot at a ring, and most people admire an organization that is willing to push the envelope to do everything possible to win. I'm sure they are well aware of how the Patriots are only different from other teams in their degree of willingness to push the envelope. It's kind of like Casablanca - "Shocked! Shocked!"...not.

Anyone wonder how this yrs PR on the team and BB will effect new players from signing here ? Will we need to really pay a lot of money for anyone to come here . the lure of the ring is there but will the bad publicity and the facts that the rest of players in the league hate the pats effect their decision to join the team. any thoughts ?

MONEY TALKS.

MONEY TALKS.
Money and consistent opportunities. As Seau said, all they can ask for is a chance - and if you want the best chance to go to the Super Bowl, NE is #1. By a long shot as #2 is the Colts but they rarely sign FA.

I do not think that the bad press will have any effect on new signings. I think what the fans sees and what the players see are very different. I also think the Pats show a lot of solidarity which is a plus and also we have seen many older players re start their careers here (not just this year).

Sure other teams want to beat the best but when giving the oppurtunity they want to be the best. I am not saying that players will flock to this team but I do not beleive anything that happened this season will hurt them

It might affect some players. But it won't be widespread enough that anybody would necessarily turn down an offer because of it. It just depends on how much money NE can spend...aren't they supposed to be about 9-10 million under the 2008 cap (supposedly)? We'll see what happens.

The hatred is more of a fans and media thing.

Other than the "dirty play" stuff you never hear other players badmouth the Patriots, and most players don't mind the so-called dirty play.

They see the talent, they see great coaching, they see great team leadership,

and if the money is the same or comparable, they won't mind coming here at all. I mean, look the Vegas super bowl odds for next year. There are not many places you can play where winning it all is not just a pipe dream.

I don't see any change. I think the players know what goes on in the league in terms of breaking rules about videotaping and in stealing signals in general. They'll still view the Patriots as a team as likely as any to win the Super Bowl in the near future.

Yea I dont think it affects anything. I think if any player hates this team it's due to jealousy and given a chance to join I'd say who wouldn't want to be a part of the best organization in the league and quite possibly be a part of history?

If anything, I think the kind of players who really ran with SpyGate are the kinds that Belichick doesnt want on his team anyways. On the other hand, I could see Moss' turnaround becoming a pretty good sales pitch for any star who wants to take a 1-year shot at a ring.

Yea I dont think it affects anything. I think if any player hates this team it's due to jealousy and given a chance to join I'd say who wouldn't want to be a part of the best organization in the league and quite possibly be a part of history?

No only does #12 have a hot avitar, but #12 is also right on about players still wanting to come here. Do you think Jason Taylor and Chad Johnson would balk at coming to the Patriots, NOT !!!!

No only does #12 have a hot avitar, but #12 is also right on about players still wanting to come here. Do you think Jason Taylor and Chad Johnson would balk at coming to the Patriots, NOT !!!!

Well thanks :)

Last edited:
Players will DEFINITELY want to come here, it's not even a question. The Pats are still far & away the model franchise in the league, 35 seconds short of their 4th SB this decade are not. Most of these guys would absolutely relish the chance to be "hated" by the rest of the league. I mean, come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes