PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you kindly name for me all the teams in the NFL that have had no misses the last few years?

Could you kindly tell me what draft has been a huge success since 2003... ?? Im tired of these guys not developing, Wheatly Whilhite, Crable, Brace, who the jury is still out... Last year we made some progress, but the 08 draft has set this team back as far as depth....

If you're not DaBruinz :snob: then you're going down the same road as he is, which leads to a ban. You might want to cut back on the constant personal attacks and stick more with sensible debate.

Saying that Sean Da Patriot is acting like chicken little is hardly a personal attack. If it is, then you and the mods of this board have some serious issues that you need help with.

Could you kindly tell me what draft has been a huge success since 2003... ?? Im tired of these guys not developing, Wheatly Whilhite, Crable, Brace, who the jury is still out... Last year we made some progress, but the 08 draft has set this team back as far as depth....

One thing that peeves me is that they try to get "value" for DE's & DT's in the late rounds.

They should use #1 or #2 pick to get these positions, instead. EG: Seymour.

Or trade for a known commodity.

Saying that Sean Da Patriot is acting like chicken little is hardly a personal attack. If it is, then you and the mods of this board have some serious issues that you need help with.

I doubt the comment was based on your one post; probably numerous.

If you respond to me then I'll know you're not DaBruinz.

You're off a little I think. Last year with Chung, Butler, Vollmer, Tate, Pryor, Ingram and Edelman -- to say nothing of Hoyer -- that is shaping up to be a fantastic draft. Vollmer alone makes it a decent draft. And Brace may still pan out.

I wasn't talking about that post alone, DB. I'll go ahead and leave it at that in the interest of not derailing the thread.

Last edited:
They probably would have liked to trade him but had no takers. ILB is a position of strength on the team, and they needed to find players who can contribute now at other positions (S, OL). McGowan going down, Bussey being injured, and Larsen getting picked up created more immediate needs. Guess they liked Fletcher quite a bit though. He'll get snapped up, I imagine, but it would be good if he weren't and could remain around the team on the PS.

I am disapointed we released McKenzie

I was hoping it would be Slater or BJGE.

What I don't get Is why we picked up Maneri and cut McKenzie. I think it's silly to waste a spot on another teams undrafted free agent project. I'm thinking he'll be first to go for ojikama, then get him on ps to work with.

But still can't believe slater made this team. Let's do nothing that stands out for 2 seasons, show up for 2 training camp practices and make the team...nice thing going he's got.

First, I don't look at McKenzie as a failure in scouting. Not every player is Welker. A player could rebound like Welker from a ACL reconstruction, but others take two years to fully recover. If McKenzie didn't tear his ACL, he might have been starting last year.

Second, the place where I do blame Belichick and his staff is for giving up on this guy so quickly. Hopefully he falls through waivers and ends up on the practice squad. That may have been Belichick's intent by waiting a day to cut him. Otherwise, I think letting McKenzie go may comeback to bite them when he becomes a decent to good contributor on a team like the Chiefs or Browns.

I think I'll reserve comment on this until I see what happens with him regarding waivers and re-signing.

This. Definitely unexpected, but hopefully he'll make it to the PS. I doubt that he will though; as Jay mentioned in our last podcast, there are a couple teams who would probably be eager to snatch him up.

Second, the place where I do blame Belichick and his staff is for giving up on this guy so quickly. Hopefully he falls through waivers and ends up on the practice squad. That may have been Belichick's intent by waiting a day to cut him. Otherwise, I think letting McKenzie go may comeback to bite them when he becomes a decent to good contributor on a team like the Chiefs or Browns.

That makes sense, I thought BB really liked him and maybe this way increasaes the odds of him slipping through, Im not sure of the mechanics and timing of things so I may be wrong in this thinking.

That makes sense, I thought BB really liked him and maybe this way increasaes the odds of him slipping through, Im not sure of the mechanics and timing of things so I may be wrong in this thinking.

Time for a little Denver payback?

Last edited:
First, I don't look at McKenzie as a failure in scouting. Not every player is Welker. A player could rebound like Welker from a ACL reconstruction, but others take two years to fully recover. If McKenzie didn't tear his ACL, he might have been starting last year.

I agre on the first part...BUT WHO said the staff was giving up on him,??? Is that some READING of the tea leaves that only you see??? Is THAT the reason why he was released?? Please show me...because I have heard nothing of that...It amazes me how little some know of the machinations of pulling a roster together...and HOW hard that is...

If you're not DaBruinz :snob: then you're going down the same road as he is, which leads to a ban. You might want to cut back on the constant personal attacks and stick more with sensible debate.

Hahaha, wait, he's claiming that he isn't DB? Uhh.... okay, sure he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back