PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
just another proof that the draft and scouting dept are lacking in something

Yes.. they are so bad.. BB should blow up the entire dept. and start over. :rolleyes:

OK, Chicken Little. Thanks for the comments... :bricks:

I've been OK with Fletcher making the team, but I watched him a lot, and did not see what everyone else saw. McKenzie did get lost in traffic a lot, but he hits people hard, and I thought we'd get a chance to see him strut his stuff eventually. This is very hard to believe.
Shocking to me that Fletcher is in and McKenzie out, but I dont think everything is finished.
Anyone watch Fletcher on special teams in preseason? Could he be replacing Alexander? If its an inactive game day guy, I'm very suprised they saw more long term potential in Fletcher than McK.

Who knows what would have happened if he stayed healthy last year. This time around, it seems that Dane Fletcher just leapfrogged him.

Funny how Reiss predicted this, then backed off and put McKenzie back on his roster. Sorry, no crystal-ball credit if you don't stick with it, Mike! :p

Color me shocked on this one as well, as others have said he didnt look to hot during some in-game situations but he was praised during camp. He's overcome a ton of adversity to this point and i think he will overcome this as well. I would love to see him still make the PS. Good look Ty-mac

Yes.. they are so bad.. BB should blow up the entire dept. and start over. :rolleyes:

OK, Chicken Little. Thanks for the comments... :bricks:

DB, the mods are obviously allowing you to have a new lease on life here... and all you're doing is making them eventually bring down the axe on you again. Just ignore him and everyone else you don't like and bring commentary to the board.

Most of the hacks covering the team were predicting this for a while now so it's not a complete surprise. He didn't stick out in the exhibition games and make it impossible for them to cut him but I thought he might be a player down the line. But hey we do have the great Tracy White on the team now.

Add me to the 'stunned at this development' list.

DB, the mods are obviously allowing you to have a new lease on life here... and all you're doing is making them eventually bring down the axe on you again. Just ignore him and everyone else you don't like and bring commentary to the board.
What are you talking about? DB as in "DaBruinz"? Please fill me in.

Last edited:
Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps McKenzie agreed to go to the PS after the team told him they'd pay him his full salary as part of that group. Despite the injury it is puzzling that the Pats would give up on him so quickly, if that is the case. And why cut him now, rather than yesterday?

I have a feeling there is more to this news, perhaps we should wait a bit longer before jumping to conclusions as Deus suggested.

Who knows what would have happened if he stayed healthy last year. This time around, it seems that Dane Fletcher just leapfrogged him.

Funny how Reiss predicted this, then backed off and put McKenzie back on his roster. Sorry, no crystal-ball credit if you don't stick with it, Mike! :p

Well, Reiss predicted they would give him a chance to play elsewhere, since he and Spikes are the same. Not what I would do, but it apparently earns you good will.

Looks like Reiss was right to highlight this as a possibility all along.

It was certainly something to watch through the preseason. I remember some were ripping him for suggesting it.

It did come as a surprise and Tyrone was on his final projection, but all I'm saying was Reiss viewed McKenzie as a potential bubble player fighting for his roster spot. He was spot on about this. He ended up feeling he would get it; he did, but then was cut.

Last edited:
Why? Because a 3rd round pick who blew out his knee and missed a year of football isnt ready to be on the 53? Interesting standards you have.
Does the scouting department get credit from you for scouting the guys who beat him out?

Why? Because a 3rd round pick who blew out his knee and missed a year of football isnt ready to be on the 53? Interesting standards you have.
Does the scouting department get credit from you for scouting the guys who beat him out?

Very good point here.

BB might have been high on him, but that doesn't guarantee a roster spot :)

BB is definately keeping us guessing with some of these moves. I get the feeling that there is a lot more to come. :bricks:

Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps McKenzie agreed to go to the PS after the team told him they'd pay him his full salary as part of that group. Despite the injury it is puzzling that the Pats would give up on him so quickly, if that is the case. And why cut him now, rather than yesterday?

I have a feeling there is more to this news, perhaps we should wait a bit longer before jumping to conclusions as Deus suggested.

CHRIST, I hope you're right.

I am having a very hard time getting my mind around this.

I never thought he'd beat out Spikes for the starting gig, but everybody knows it takes a year or so to get back up to full speed after a big injury...so it's not as if we've really had a good chance to see what he can do.

ILB Depth of Talent WAS an immense strength.

Not anymore.

Some of these arguments defending the cut make no sense to me. We cut him to give him another chance because he wasn't about to displace Spikes? We cut him because we have good depth there already?

I'm sorry, but backup ILB has been a perennial weakness.

I've seen too much of Monty Beisel, Eric Alexander, Larry Izzo and Don Davis back there. He's not going to be defending the pass, Guyton will do that in case Mayo goes down, but Guyton can't fill and stop the run well.

Last edited:
Pierre Woods kept making the team but that didn't say much did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back