PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: McKenzie has been released.

Disappointed, but Spikes is a beast and Fletcher has been surprising.

Hope he makes the Practice Squad though.

I'm pretty stunned by this one.......from what I read, I thought he was doing fine......I am also sorry to see another 3rd round pick down the drain for us.

WTF????

ok, something is about to happen right?

If BB is trying to keep people guessing his roster strategy, I think it's working.

Assuming he doesn't get picked up elsewhere, I'd bet he'll be signed to the PS. BB was effusive in praising him early in the preseason and they must feel that with Mayo, Spikes, Guyton and presumably Dane Fletcher that they had plenty of depth.

I'm kinda disapointed to see him cut. He was really easy to root for given his personal family challenges and sacrifices he made.

Just beat me to it :)

I am shocked though, Fletcher must be REALLY impressing the coaches.

Seems like it was a numbers situation..every roster spot valuable...a BIT MORE..but moving parts..so he could return..AND...Price was wrong about OT Maneri being the 5th PSqder...Reiss right!! Sometimes a lot of confusion about whether a player has cleared waivers OR picked up on them..which in this case is the difference..

Last edited:
just another proof that the draft and scouting dept are lacking in something

I think I'll reserve comment on this until I see what happens with him regarding waivers and re-signing.

They must have a lot of confidence in both Dane Fletcher and the overall health of Brandon Spikes. This really doesn't make much sense.

I've been OK with Fletcher making the team, but I watched him a lot, and did not see what everyone else saw. McKenzie did get lost in traffic a lot, but he hits people hard, and I thought we'd get a chance to see him strut his stuff eventually. This is very hard to believe.

HMM Crable for Mckensie ?

Sorry to see McKenzie go. Although he didn't look too great out there at times, I hope he clears waivers and makes it onto the PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes