PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release Leigh Bodden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is very puzzling! Looks like Arrington will be the started again!

Leigh Bodden era? He managed 1.25 seasons with us. With how injured he has been over his career he and Dowling are probably distant relatives.

Anyway, corner situation shakes up like this now:

1. McCourty
2. Arrington
3. Molden
4. Adams
5. Dowling (injured, but probably #3 if healthy)

Well that is very puzzling! Looks like Arrington will be the started again!

Arrington has been starting. He started 4 out of 6 games this season. After Dowling went down, he took over the starting role not Bodden. Odds are Dowling will be starting again.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?
Dowling has to be healthy, otherwise we would be "upgrading" from Bodden to Molden!
Don't see why we're not keep him as depth guy in case of injury on one of our corners, if he's not good enough to start.
This is downright scary to me, looking at all the WR we will face on Sunday.

Are you kidding me?
Dowling has to be healthy, otherwise we would be "upgrading" from Bodden to Molden!
Don't see why we're not keep him as depth guy in case of injury on one of our corners, if he's not good enough to start.
This is downright scary to me, looking at all the WR we will face on Sunday.

You wanna keep an injury prone guy as depth to our injured guys?:singing:

Wow! I didn't think he played that bad this year. He was definitely not good or close to 2009 form, but not cutable. I guess that means Dowling is healthy enough to play again and most likely Brace will be added to the active roster.
if bill belichiks past move making history has taught us anything is you cant assume anything .

if bill belichiks past move making history has taught us anything is you cant assume anything .

The difference between Bill Belichick and 99% of this forum is that this forum falls in love with names, Belichick falls in love with talent.

On a positive note for some, this means that Mr. Bodden won't be on 98.5 anymore, so the people who like to complain about local radio have that going for them until a replacement is found. ;)

I have no idea where a injured rookie beat him talk is coming from .... this is more a fact of BB has seen enough from Kyle to promote him.

so kyle is your starting corner who made bodden expendable.

Kyle already was the starting corner, no change there. And even if Bodden had been starting, bumping him as a starter wouldn't normally make him EXPENDABLE, it would push him down a slot and bump the bottom guy off the roster.

As for salary concerns, forget it -- Bodden is a vested veteran, his salary is guaranteed.

Oh also Leigh Bodden was the #3 or #4 top highest paid player on the team. Granted he still is going to get paid that but I do believe it has in-season salary cap implications (we don't get all of the room back but we do get some).

Last edited:
You wanna keep an injury prone guy as depth to our injured guys?:singing:

Yes, I definitely prefer a Bodden with a thumb injury, then a healthy Molden or Adams. :singing:
And I definitely prefer taking the risk he get's injured again; you can cut him at that time too, if you want. There's no downside to keeping him at the moment.
Obviously if he caused problems in the locker room that's a whole different story.

The difference between Bill Belichick and 99% of this forum is that this forum falls in love with names, Belichick falls in love with talent.

So is this secondary the football analogue of a "loveless marriage"?

This is great news, I was so sick of everyone overrating him in 09 and blaming the defense last year on his absence. He was a mediocre CB who padded stats against Sanchez and suddenly that made him good?

Ras I being glass is the only down side, but maybe we have a backup or sign someone?

considering pitts passing game of sanders,wallace,brown ward..this is could be a challenge for our D

Oh also Leigh Bodden was the #3 or #4 top highest paid player on the team. Granted he still is going to get paid that but I do believe it has in-season salary cap implications (we don't get all of the room back but we do get some).

He still is. He will still get paid.

OK, a quick show of hands for those who predicted that the Pats would cut Meriweather, Sanders AND Bodden outright!

Anybody?

(Remember this one the next time you're tempted to call somebody's roster predictions "idiotic.")

wtf is going on with our defensive backfield???

yea im starting to get pissed...when the defense finally starts showing signs of life we gut it?

Yes, I definitely prefer a Bodden with a thumb injury, then a healthy Molden or Adams. :singing:
And I definitely prefer taking the risk he get's injured again; you can cut him at that time too, if you want. There's no downside to keeping him at the moment.
Obviously if he caused problems in the locker room that's a whole different story.

I'm glad I'm not a star player on your football team. I'd be awfully pissed at you for keeping CBs with dinged up thumbs (a position where hands are your #1 asset) over healthy CBs.

Kyle already was the starting corner, no change there. And even if Bodden had been starting, bumping him as a starter wouldn't normally make him EXPENDABLE, it would push him down a slot and bump the bottom guy off the roster.

As for salary concerns, forget it -- Bodden is a vested veteran, his salary is guaranteed.

Yeah, people forget that Ras-I Dowling started the year as the starter and when he went down, Arrington not Bodden took the starting role. Odds are that Dowling will get back the starting role when healthy and the trio of McCourty, Arrington, and Dowling should be an upgrade over what the Pats had the last 4 weeks with Bodden and no Dowling.

I didn't see the need to cut Bodden even with Dowling's return (although Greg Bedard says he believes Molden and Adams were out performing Bodden in recent weeks), but Bodden isn't the player he was in 2009. He was a slot CB and apparently he wasn't happy with that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes