PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release Deion Branch and Malcolm Williams; Greg Salas and Aqib Talib added to 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats release Deion Branch and Malcolm Williams; Greg Salas and Aqib Talib added t

I always hate to see him go.

Re: Branch cut

Tommy was the 4th string QB coming out of that 2000 camp, remember? Because they knew they'd lose him on the way to a PS and because they had little talent to challenge for the roster spot. Although he had risen to #2 by the end of the season overtaking Friese and Bishop. They traded for Damon Huard in the off season as insurance, but Tom held him off and nearly displaced Bledsoe out of the gate in 2001 but for the experience factor (aka we just signed Bledsoe to a $100M deal...:eek:).

Wasnt that the year BB cut down to like 48 because he didn't have 53 NFL worthy players?

Re: Branch cut

All the guys on the practice squad are making around 8k. Salas was making 27k.

Yes, I'm sorry. I was thinking of Moore's salary which is about 8k per week. My mistake.

Either way, Salas was making about 3x as much as any other practice squad player on the team, which was my point to the poster.

Re: Pats release Deion Branch and Malcolm Williams; Greg Salas and Aqib Talib added t

I hope Salas is targeted some today - he's got size and speed. I loved it when they picked him and this could be precisely the spot where he helps out. Branch is a favorite of mine, but clearly not able to get open like he could year ago. Salas could be used in the slot if Welker's ankle gives him trouble.

As we noticed, Salas didn't get many opportunities as the #4 emergency receiver. Brady had plenty of targets in Welker, Gronkowsi, Lloyd, and Edelman.

I hope Salas is targeted some today - he's got size and speed. I loved it when they picked him and this could be precisely the spot where he helps out. Branch is a favorite of mine, but clearly not able to get open like he could year ago. Salas could be used in the slot if Welker's ankle gives him trouble.

Branch clears waivers. I suspect he is on the shadow roster now.

probably wont be considered anywhere until that Hammer clears up.

Branch clears waivers. I suspect he is on the shadow roster now.
Yep, roster is still there and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes