PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign WR Brian Tyms

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played CB in Pop Warner...

WOW, now I can sleep at night

I wonder why he was cut in the first place...

I wonder why he was cut in the first place...

He wasn't, but the team declined to give him an ERFA tender, which isn't too different as far as the principle goes.

Is he gonna play on defense as well?
Time to move on, IMHO.
Nice. That TD @ Buffalo may have been only one play, but it's left me intrigued. Mossiest play by a Patriots' WR since the real thing was traded away.
Agreed.
He wasn't, but the team declined to give him an ERFA tender, which isn't too different as far as the principle goes.
I'm reading:
An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience. If his former club makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit.
Seems we didn't want to just offer him the 3rd year minimum offer and lock him in, but wanted him to test the market and come back to us for that price or a similar level and not feel like we were screwing him over?

Totally confused. Why didn't they tender him yesterday if they planned on resigning him? Is it a longer term contract?

Totally confused. Why didn't they tender him yesterday if they planned on resigning him? Is it a longer term contract?

I think we are overthinking it. Unless he improves significantly somehow, I dont think he will survive the final cuts this year.

Nice.

Now that the practice squad is set, who do we sign to play in the games?

I'll be excited when he runs some great routes and connects with Brady (pres-season games or later).

Until then, nothing to see here.

What a relief.

And, just like that, the Revis replacement was found.

If the Patriots resigned Tyms, then who are they planning to replace him with? Oh wait, re-signed Tyms. That makes more sense now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots