PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign Poteat

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots re-signed veteran cornerback Hank Poteat today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Poteat, 28, was initially acquired by the Patriots as a free agent on Jan. 10, 2005, and has played in 10 regular-season games and five playoff games for New England. The 5-foot-10-inch, 192-pound cornerback will enter his sixth NFL season in 2006 and has played in 52 career regular-season games and seven playoff games for the Pittsburgh Steelers (2000-02), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2003) and Patriots (2004-05). The University of Pittsburgh product was originally drafted by the Steelers in the third round (77th overall) of the 2000 NFL Draft.

With the Patriots in 2005, Poteat set a single-season career high with 24 tackles (20 solo) and also recorded his first career sack against the New York Jets on Dec. 26, 2005. He set a single-game career high with nine tackles (8 solo) in the 2005 regular-season finale against the Miami Dolphins on Jan. 1, 2006. Poteat’s career regular-season statistics include 33 tackles (29 solo), one sack, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries. He has also returned 45 kickoffs for 818 yards (18.2 avg) and 76 punts for 788 yards (10.4 avg) and a touchdown.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=15631&pcid=47

drew4008 said:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots re-signed veteran cornerback Hank Poteat today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Poteat, 28, was initially acquired by the Patriots as a free agent on Jan. 10, 2005, and has played in 10 regular-season games and five playoff games for New England. The 5-foot-10-inch, 192-pound cornerback will enter his sixth NFL season in 2006 and has played in 52 career regular-season games and seven playoff games for the Pittsburgh Steelers (2000-02), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2003) and Patriots (2004-05). The University of Pittsburgh product was originally drafted by the Steelers in the third round (77th overall) of the 2000 NFL Draft.

With the Patriots in 2005, Poteat set a single-season career high with 24 tackles (20 solo) and also recorded his first career sack against the New York Jets on Dec. 26, 2005. He set a single-game career high with nine tackles (8 solo) in the 2005 regular-season finale against the Miami Dolphins on Jan. 1, 2006. Poteat’s career regular-season statistics include 33 tackles (29 solo), one sack, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries. He has also returned 45 kickoffs for 818 yards (18.2 avg) and 76 punts for 788 yards (10.4 avg) and a touchdown.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=15631&pcid=47

While everyone else is in turmoil, the Pats quietly take care of bidness. God, I love this team!!!

GO HANK!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Last edited:
Phew - I am so glad we signed him before free agency hit. Do you realize how high Poteats price would have risen to.

fgssand said:
Phew - I am so glad we signed him before free agency hit. Do you realize how high Poteats price would have risen to.
Yeah, we can always re-sign Givens, Vinatieri and Neal with leftovers :)

Let the bongos continue to thunder, my brothers.

(I still wanna know who's gonna be captain of the shadow squad, if Hank is on the active roster)

Fweh! There was a rumor the other day that he had resigned. I thought he was far to young to hang it up.

Good to have you back Hank!

Hank Poteat said:
Thank you kindly.
Bump!
Great to see you back on the board, Hank.:cool3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back