PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats putting Jets in a CO-MA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuRkeR1978

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Because with COrey, and MAroney.....it's LIGHT'S OUT.

Thank god for the running game or we'd be 0-2.

Since alot of people thought that our running game was a weak spot in the offseason, it's certainly a pleasant surprise to see how strong our running game has become with the trio of Dillon, Maroney, and Faulk. Additionally, i thought the linebacking corp looked pretty good and i think the receiving corps will be just fine especially with talent of the tight ends and running backs added to the passing game.

Kdo5 said:
Thank god for the running game or we'd be 0-2.

What a great point that is :rolleyes: The running game is only 50 to 75% of a team's offense.

Pretty huge step forward from watching Heath Evans run for 1.4 yards a carry

It's a pretty powerful running game, but it isn't as good as Atlanta's. Atlanta shredded Carolina's defense, and ran for 300 yards today. San Diego's is pretty damned good too, LT only ran for 78 yards, but I think Michael Turner ran for over 100. Ours is getting there, hopefully some day it'll be as good as Atlanta's. There may be 400 yards rushing next week between NE & Denver, with Dillon & Maroney vs the Bells. People who are fans of smashmouth football should watch that one next week.

scott99 said:
It's a pretty powerful running game, but it isn't as good as Atlanta's. Atlanta shredded Carolina's defense, and ran for 300 yards today. San Diego's is pretty damned good too, LT only ran for 78 yards, but I think Michael Turner ran for over 100. Ours is getting there, hopefully some day it'll be as good as Atlanta's. There may be 400 yards rushing next week between NE & Denver, with Dillon & Maroney vs the Bells. People who are fans of smashmouth football should watch that one next week.

I hope our running game is never as good as Atlanta's. That is a case of a team having a great running game at the expense of the passing game. The key to a good offense is balance. Just like it is not good to have an offense that is heavily pass, it is just as bad to have an offense that is heavily run. The two need to compliment but dominate the other. Also I don't belive the number one rushing team has ever won the Superbowl.

Last edited:
LuRkeR1978 said:
Because with COrey, and MAroney.....it's LIGHT'S OUT.
Ugh. that's a gawd-awful line. And you saved it for it's own little thread. How special. :roalize:

Sundayjack said:
Ugh. that's a gawd-awful line. And you saved it for it's own little thread. How special. :roalize:

aw come on, who doesn't like bad word-play? With all the doom and gloom lately we could use more of it!

Oh ok....here, I'll make you feel better

Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion blah blah Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion blah blah Branch Deion blah blah Branch Deion blah blah Branch Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah Deion Branch blah blah!

Happy now? Try being a fan, it's way more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots