PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats put waiver claim on S DeAngelo Willingham, but Cowboys claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Undrafted rookie put on waivers by the bucs. Cowboys and pats put in a claim. Boys got em. Source:pFT

Re: Pats put waiver claim on CB DeAngelo Willingham, but Cowboys claim

Undrafted rookie put on waivers by the bucs. Cowboys and pats put in a claim. Boys got em. Source:pFT

g-d damn......when I first read the thread title,I thought you said:

Deangelo Williams.......59,last friday.....gettin' senile.

Willingham would have been fun to see in camp. He was a nice big physical CB whom I thought would be a decent FS.

probably just a preseason filler. that's what the 'boys messageboards say.

DB DeAngelo Willingham (5-11, 217 pounds) ran a 4.49 and 4.46 in the 40, had a 36-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 6-inch broad jump, a 4.36 short shuttle, a 6.81 three-cone drill and did 20 bench press reps

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/67963.html

Tennessee 5'10" 210, 4.52 [40]

BIOGRAPHY: Junior-college transfer who started the past two seasons at Tennessee, totaling 42/3/4 as a senior after junior totals of 38 tackles.

POSITIVES: Athletic college cornerback with outstanding size. Fluid turning his hips to run with opponents off the line, physical, and mixes it up throughout the route. Quickly moves up the field to defend the run, and wraps up tackling. Displays good hands for the interception.

NEGATIVES: Lacks top instincts and slow locating the ball. Gives up a lot of underneath receptions. Does too much clutching and grabbing of opponents while they are in their pass routes. Does not display a great plant or break to the throw.

ANALYSIS: Willingham is a physical specimen who showed a lot of potential during his junior season, his first at Tennessee. He failed to meet expectations as a senior, yet he will be given an invite to camp this summer. Willingham possesses the size/speed numbers, and he could flourish in a zone system that has him facing the action.

Don't worry, same thing here when I saw the title on PFT.

59 ain't nothing. 60 is easy. It was when I hit 62 and realized that I qualified for Social Security :eek: that I realized I could no longer pretend I wasn't old

59 ain't nothing. 60 is easy. It was when I hit 62 and realized that I qualified for Social Security :eek: that I realized I could no longer pretend I wasn't old

The real shock happens earlier, when you get that first offer from AARP... :)

If the Bills release Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner or Ellis Lankster - all CB's - - go get them.

As for the Cowboys claiming him, it should be noted that Dallas plays Tampa Bay in week one. It certainly would not be the first time a team picked up a player who had just been released by an opponent they were about to face in the NFL.

If Dallas had not signed him and the Pats were able to claim him, I don't know who he would have realistically had a chance of replacing on this roster, this late in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes