PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats put in claim for Alex Hall (Giants got him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
From Reiss twitter.

Shows they are
Looking for olb's.

10 tackles, 0 sacks in 2009. 3 sacks for his entire career. Sounds like they were looking at him for depth purposes. That's good, though. That's exactly what we need. A starter would be nice too.

I don't understand why another 4-3 defense would claim him, when Andy Reid himself said that he is prob. better-suited for a 3-4 defense.

Hm. I had hoped we'd put in a claim, but the Giants have a history of taking 34 players and attempting to turn them into SAM 'backers. It doesn't make sense to me. Hall has the size and athleticism we're looking for, for sure. I think he could have been quality depth--perhaps displacing Woods.

he would have been noting more then a TC filler even if he would have made the team he would have had no impact at all on the season just like Rob Ninkovich, last year.

the pats did not miss out on much. that just means more rips for Jermaine Cunningham, lets see what this kids got

Hm. I had hoped we'd put in a claim, but the Giants have a history of taking 34 players and attempting to turn them into SAM 'backers. It doesn't make sense to me. Hall has the size and athleticism we're looking for, for sure. I think he could have been quality depth--perhaps displacing Woods.

I agree, esp. with the part I bolded. Pierre Woods having a > 50/50 chance to make the team makes me sick to my stomach.

Don't be shocked if he ends up coming to us at some point, Hall is a pure pass rusher and from when I've seen him, plus what Reid said, won't fit a 4-3.

2 years ago the Browns played the Giants on a monday night game and i remember Hall was all over Eli all night. Thats probs why they picked him up, the old he hurt us maybe he can help us way off thinking.

Maybe the Giants are trying some 3-4 stuff this year to help their pass rush. Osi is a one-trick pony at DE and might be able to use better leverage as a LB.

This guy (Hall) is basically a younger version of Pierre Woods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back