PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats present for Josh Gordon pro day

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
WR - 6'3" 225/4.52-40 with a mildly balky thigh....82" wingspan

for a WR he is a big boy .... adding him to multi TE sets would just make things more miserable

if the pats want him, they will likely have to use their 2nd rounder and even then it may be too late......I say go for it......

Last edited:
WR - 6'3" 225/4.52-40 with a mildly balky thigh....82" wingspan

for a WR he is a big boy .... adding him to multi TE sets would just make things more miserable

if the pats want him, they will likely have to use their 2nd rounder and even then it may be too late......I say go for it......

I can't see the Pats spending a 2nd, or even 3rd, on a guy who was suspended for a year from drug use, who has been out for a year, and who will have missed all pre-season activities prior to training camp. My guess is that the Pats are showing up to (1) do diligence, as always, and (2) show interest in order to drive other teams up. If someone uses a 2nd round pick on Gordon, then the Pats 2nd round pick likely moves up another notch (New Orleans already lost their 2013 2nd round pick).

Anybody that spends anything more than a 5th on this guy is going to be disappointed. This is Harvey Unga all over again.

Jason LaCanfora on the Josh Gordon phenomenon:

Around 20 teams were represented at Gordon's workout at the Texans facility on Tuesday, where he ran in the low 4.5s in the 40-yard dash -- plenty respectable given his height and weight (6-foot-3, 224 pounds). He has limited college experience and will need help learning routes and fine-tuning his precision, but some scouts I've talked to have thrown around possible comparisons to A.J. Green. They believe, had Gordon stayed at Baylor after a marijuana-related arrest and played with RG3, he would have had top-10 potential.

Overnight, Gordon goes from obscurity to top prize of supplemental draft - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

So the Browns probably gave up a pick between 32-42 for a supplemental player....fail.

Hey, the Browns were desperate for a WR....and this guy is supposed to be a good fit in the WCO as a flanker. They paid a steep price it's not like they picked Terrel Pryor. At least this guys has a position and fills a need.

He could end up being a better pick than Tyvon Wilson.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots