PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Pre-Free Agency Review - Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad that this series of posts generated a lot of discussion

Nice post.

My only criticism is that you've over-panned Heath Evans. He may not be a pro-bowler, but he's more than a JAG. He's a reliable, versatile player, who can block, catch, run inside and swing outside-- excellent situational player.

That said, I'm a big Brian Leonard fan, and imagining a backfield of Moroney and Leonard playing for the Pats for the next five years is mighty tempting.

Good post,my thoughts exactlly:rocker:

1. Cassel has real potential? talent, perhaps. i'm unconvinced about him. problem is that to get a look at him in 30 minutes of regular-season football means TB would be injured.
2. Dillon, Maroney, Faulk, Earl Charles. i've become fond of dillon. if pats have him for 12 of 18 games i'd be happy. he's still a north-south runner, and he wants to come back i'd gladly have him. i wonder why dillon hasn't had more influence on maroney. the kid has to stop dancing in the backfield and hit it up in there for 2 when necessary.
IMHO faulk is too slow for the things he does. but he's gotten better every year he's been in the league. sure would like another 3rd down back tho.
3. Jabar Gaffney, “BAM” Childress, Chad Jackson, Reche’ Caldwell, Zuriel Smith, Kelvin Kight, Jonathan Smith. i am not at all happy with this bunch. bam childress is a a sentimental favorite, IMHO he's the next troy brown.
but the rest simply don't compare to givens and branch.
say what you want about "lies", but it seems that when BB/SP don't lock players up (Koppen, Light) before their walk year, the plan is to let them go. 'cause BB/SP dang sure aren't gonna pay market price for anyone. if they want to keep them for less-than-market price, they extend them BEFORE the walk year. IMHO givens and branch were doomed in the first place.
BTW this does not augur well for asante samuel.
troy brown? if he wants to, patriots can use a good slot receiver/WR/DB/KR who plays for the veteran minimum.
chad jackson? i just don't know what to say.

You have some interesting comments but I'm confused by your comment about Childress. What have you seen from Bam Childress to make you think he's the next Troy Brown? Was it when the Pats released him or added him back to the practice squad? The 3 NFL games that he's made receptions in? What's your crystal ball showing you here?

You have some interesting comments but I'm confused by your comment about Childress. What have you seen from Bam Childress to make you think he's the next Troy Brown? Was it when the Pats released him or added him back to the practice squad? The 3 NFL games that he's made receptions in? What's your crystal ball showing you here?

Bam Childress is just a feel good story. People saw him playing both ways like Troy Brown and started making the comparisons. The only problem is that Childress (3 years on this team) got passed by Kelvin Kight( half a season with the Pats) on the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes