Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats players skipping the Pro bowl

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by dannydyn, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannydyn

dannydyn PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

<Rant>
    I know this Pro-bowl has turned into an annual circus. Still though, what is it with Pats players that decide to skip the game for no valid reason.

I mean show some appreciation for all the fans out there who picked you to be in that game. For me, as a Pats fan this is not about seeing Brady & Co. play one more game. It’s about showing your appreciation to your fans who have voted you to play in that game.

Players who skip the game for reasons other than injury or Superbowl participation are just plain douchebags as far as I’m concerned. As much as I despise Payton Manning, the guy made the effort and showed up in Honolulu. Where are Brady and Welker? Who the fck knows. Really pisses me off. No wonder people out there hate Brady and this organization. Our players come across as the uttermost douchebags sometimes, and I just don’t understand the reason for their behavior.

</Rant>
  2. randomk1

randomk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Let em rest.

That game is utter crap anyways.
  3. buile

buile PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I, too, prefer they show up.
  4. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Screw the Pro Bowl. It's likely the last one that will ever be played and in that department the league is only about 20 years too late. No one cares, the effort is half-assed and the only significant developments in this game are possible injuries.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No need to show up, there is enough of a media circus there already...

The probowl hungers for ratings whether they are there or not.. it is usually a showcase for emerging players, not so much for veterans..

Pretty confident it will be a Ravens/San Fran love fest.. and they will show over and over again that newly revered holy man, Ray Lewis.. praise the heavenly father..
  6. dannydyn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Brady – Out due to injury
    Welker – Out due to injury
    Gronk – Out due to injury
    Logan Mankins – Out due to injury
    Vince Wilfork – Out due to injury
    Jarod Mayo – Will play

With the exception of Gronk who’s obviously injured, and Mankins who has been banged up for quite some time now, I have a very good feeling the rest just ‘made up’ their injury to skip the game.

The pro-bowl may be a circus, but their decision to skip the game while other players of equal caliber decide to show up, is just pathetic and shameful.
  7. FCB02062

FCB02062 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yup, every year Brady gets voted in and doesn't play. Same with almost every other player on the team. It really doesn't reflect well on the team and I'm surprised Krafty Bob hasn't put his foot down on this one and asked his players to go represent his brand....
  8. dannydyn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

They have the rest of the season to rest.... and not like there will be any super effort made anyways.

I wish I had their job.... 6 months on, 6 months off.... :rolleyes:
  9. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Why are you taking so much offence? They're people, not an animal who shows up to play at the fan's request. You didn't pay to vote. All that mouse clicking is hardly a chore.

I don't care for the game. Never have. It's a nice honour for the players I'm sure but at the end of the day they have no contractual obligation to this game at all and I can't blame them for not bothering.

Missed Slater off the list...has he pulled out too?

The money isn't a factor for any of those guys...bar maybe Slater.

Sooner the NFL does away with the most pointless game there is the better. The way they opened the game last year was a farce. I wouldn't pay to see that.
  10. The Boston Patriot

The Boston Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm disappointed in Jarod.
  11. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I am skipping the Pro Bowl, why shouldn't they?

The NFL would be better off having a skills competition for vets and a game featuring up and coming young players. Rookie vs. Sophmore Bowl, or something that.
  12. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I can't stand the pro-bowl. I wish they would scrap it. I'd rather see the toilet-bowl instead where the 2 worst teams face off for the #1 draft pick. I'd watch that game!
  13. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't get why Pats fans are at all upset about Pats players not playing in this game.

One, it's not really football. No one tries very hard, no one tackles, it's kind of a joke.

Two, nothing is at stake.

Three, and most importantly, there's only downside. Players can get hurt. Why risk it?

Four, after this past Sunday's debacle, who could watch this? I'll have enough trouble just watching the Super Bowl. An exhibition game with the predictable SB hype and subtle or not so subtle Pats bashing? No thanks.

Five, why should we care if non-Pats fans bash our guys for not showing up? Haters gonna Hate. Hell, Tommy is getting bashed for a spazzy slide.
  14. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If I had an NFL team, I'd have an informal, unstated but very clear policy that you can go to this game the first time you are selected. After that, it is just an injury risk, and you should get an injury before the game, so as not to run the risk of getting one at the game. I'd have my medical staff on board with this, and tell whatever Jets employee was inhabiting the Commissioner's office to stay out of my team's medical affairs.
  15. rlcarr

rlcarr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

After what happened to Robert Edwards (which admittedly wasn't at the game itself), I'm amazed that any Patriots fan wants to see any Patriot play even a single down in that useless excuse for a football game.
  16. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

im glad most of the pats are smart enough to blow off that stupid game. they don't owe the fans a damn thing. im sure they are battered and beat up and need rest in the worst way. the last thing they need is a long plane ride. i wish mayo decided to not play also. hopefully he doesn't get hurt.
  17. Joey007

Joey007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#95 Jersey
    Agreed.

Remember the Pro Bowl skill competitions?? They were reairing one from the 04 season yeaterday on NFLN. I miss those.
  18. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

edwards got hurt playing a beach football game during the festivities leading up to the actual game i believe. his carreer was never the same after he got hurt. i wish they would just dump the game all together.
  19. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#32 Jersey
    Just don't watch the game if you don't like it. Why scrap it? Sometimes when I'm bored enough I'll watch it for a bit. Would like to see some pats players in it but they did just play the AFCCG. We all know Brady wouldn't have gone anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if more were going had it been a week later.
  20. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The Lord High Commish has stated that if the effort from the players is not better than last year, this will be the final one as far as he's concerned. I'd love to see all the players, just before kick-off, come out onto the field in bathing suits, with a bunch of kegs of beer, gas grills, dancing girls and a freaking band.
  21. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The Pats played three extra games last season and two this season. That is more wear and tear on the body and less time to rest, and is an often unconsidered drag on a teams' future performance.

How many extra games have the Pats played since their dynasty began in 2001?

Even a game played half-heartedly is not rest. Screw the Pro Bowl!

There IS one potential positive this year; isn't BB the HC for the AFC?

An opportunity to schmooze with potential future Pats is cool.
  22. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#51 Jersey
    IMO, the Pro-Bowl is a waste of everyone's time. Let them have some time off to enjoy being "normal people" for a month before they get stuck back into the grind.
  23. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I would bet dollars to donuts if NE had won the game Brady would be healthy enough to practice for the Superbowl.
  24. dannydyn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No *****. Must have hurt his leg while extending it into Pollard's thigh... :)
  25. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

Something like an extra season and a half.
  26. aztecafut

aztecafut Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't know if Brady or Welker would have gone to begin with, but doesn't Wilkork and Mankins normally show up to this? With all the BB and Patriot bashing that's been going on and everyone being so happy that the Patriots lost, I wouldn't be surprised if they used that as one more reason to not show up and say "screw you!". (The NFL and the media, not the fans.)

Except of course for Mayo who seems to have missed the memo so as some else already said... I am very disappointed in him.
  27. Ivan

Ivan Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

The Pro Bowl is a complete waste of time. it's a long season they should simply have an awards night a few weeks after the SB and leave it at that.
  28. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#32 Jersey
    Nah, should be Fox. Used to be loser of conference championship games. Now it's best record of losers of divisional round.
  29. Patsrock

Patsrock Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So you want 1/3 of Brady to play? Considering that fans only count 1/3 of the vote.

And it is a crap game, where no one has anything to gain. Name the team and that is about it. In fact I hate all All Star games. And I am huge NHL fan and glad that there will not be another All Star game till 2015.
  30. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#95 Jersey
    the pro bowl is by far the worst....who cares
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.