PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Player will show up to workouts ASAP and demand money, but who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Tomase publishing company at One Borges Circle has people firing on one cylinder today. Perhaps Rap can explain the difference between Roster Bonus, Option Bonus, and Workout Bonus next time he writes drivel?

I believe the "high profile" player mentioned was seeking a "Workout" bonus, which translated into standard English means whomever is calling to ask for the start time and schedule for the Off-season Program. For those who may not have noted this in the past, every NE player listed at patscap.com has a Workout Bonus they can earn if they participate in the required minimum workouts of the Off-season Program Schedule. Check out column #6 in Miguel's spreadsheet on the front page - it's #6 whether you count from your left or your right so even Shmessy can find it. :p

Seriously people, it's the Herald and even Rap's good days are offset by ones more in keeping with the legend of Tomase Borges. Reader beware.

Last edited:
Well, the Tomase publishing company at One Borges Circle has people firing on one cylinder today. Perhaps Rap can explain the difference between Roster Bonus, Option Bonus, and Workout Bonus next time he writes drivel?

I believe the "high profile" player mentioned was seeking a "Workout" bonus, which translated into standard English means whomever is calling to ask for the start time and schedule for the Off-season Program. For those who may not have noted this in the past, every NE player listed at patscap.com has a Workout Bonus they can earn if they participate in the required minimum workouts of the Off-season Program Schedule. Check out column #6 in Miguel's spreadsheet on the front page - it's #6 whether you count from your left or your right so even Shmessy can find it. :p

Seriously people, it's the Herald and even Rap's good days are offset by ones more in keeping with the legend of Tomase Borges. Reader beware.

It is almost criminal that Boston media and probably some national media use Miguel's work without attribution. As a Patriots fan i'm really grateful we have someone willing to do the work to provide that information, it's extensive and well researched and i don't know of another site like it in Pro Sports. Patriot fans are lucky in every regard.

Isn't Brady's bonus lockout proof too? I thought I read that somewhere that whether there is a season or not that he gets that bonus. It is tied to a date, not the football calendar.

$10 million of Brady's $16 million bonus was deferred until August, 2011. No matter what, the Patriots have to pay that bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes