PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATs Player Talent vs. Coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PATs Player Talent vs Coaching

I agree in part. I will be a dogfight initially. But I don't think the Jets D matches up as well vs the Pats as it did vs the Ravens. The Pats are a much better screen team and have better weapons underneath.
Welker, Faulk, Gronk and Hernandez will present some major matchup problems for the Jets. If Brady, Faulk and Welker are killing them as they run constant blitzes, they will have to back off and play more conservative. Which will allow Brady the time to pick them apart. (Flacco had many chances to put the Jets away but consistantly missed open receivers.)

If the Pats get up 10 - 14 points early, the game will be all but over. Sanchez will not be able to mount a comeback unless they get some timely turnovers in Pats territory.

The Jets 3 'scoring' drives went for a total of 38 yards. They needed Leonard's 54 PR yds to get them there.

Early 1st Q after a fumble 6 yds on 3 plays.
Early 2nd Q after a 32 yd PR 27 yds on 5 plays.
Early 4th Q after a 22 yd PR 5 yds on 3 plays

From what I have seen thus far, I would sum this game up this way:

The Jets top 5 defense vs. the Pats top 5 Offense

The Pats top 10 defense vs. the Jets bottom 5 Offense

We haven't seen them use running back screens much, only the bubble screens to the wide receivers. IIRC the Pats tried a few bubble screens last year against the Jets and they didn't work out too well. If the Pats are able to incorporate a couple Kevin Faulk screens into the mix that will really put the brakes on the Jets aggressiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes