PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats play terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple things. First, why on earth would you think the Pats played their best game against Chicago? That was one of the worst. And still, they beat the team with the NFL's best record that day. It goes to show there is not a team out there without problems! I would say they played their best game against Minnesota, or possibly the Bengals.

As for the Booker TD, it was Hawkins, not Hobbs. I have no issue with a player trying to make a play there. They needed to turn momentum, and Harrington had just underthrown a ball, so making that adjustment and trying to make the play wasn't that bad.

Maybe we're spoiled by success. I guess I have a sense of appreciation, because where I live the team is 2-11, fans don't care, and it's an NFL wasteland. So I can watch my Pats every weekend and gain a sense of perspective. Most teams would kill to be 9-4 and in a position like this. You say it may be a while since we sniff the SB again? OK. I don't necessarily believe that, but I'm sure as hell going to have fun on the ride, and enjoy another division title, and playoff run.

This league is cyclical, and in time, we will be one of those "down" teams. At that point, we'll all be yearning for what we have now. Losing sucks, and I have no issue with breaking down a loss. However, the chicken little doom and gloom that goes on after a loss here is comical.

Good points....I for one am not a doom and gloom person...just a realist. And IN MY OPINION......this team has too many holes to fill....to make it likely that they will make it deep into the playoffs. Even with all the uncharacteristic TO's the team has had this year seems to be an omen that things just aren't going right for this team.....I think you are right that most fans of horrible teams would "kill" for a 9-4 record...and I am very happy that the Pats have accomplished this record thus far this year as well....I will be ecstatic if they can win the AFC East Championship again......but realistically with all the problems we have this year....if they go deep into the playoffs...I would be flat out shocked.......one man's opinion

This is probably the most realistic post I have read in awhile....This loss yesterday was PAINFUL....Yes, Miami always plays us tough IN Miami (just like we usually play them tough in Foxboro)........but yesterday was one of the most embarrassing, heartless, and pathetic losses that I can remember in the past 10 years....just an out an out collapse of our offensive line...they got b**ch slapped all over the field. Our D played great at times and sloppy at other times.......but they couldn't do it all.....and eventually they got tired ....and gave up some scores....

But as far as WHO we are this year, and where are we going......I am hopeful that this team can win the division this year....but that is where the story ends for 2006 IMHO......I would love to see them get further OF COURSE....but I for one just don't see it...especially after watching the last 2 games....one man's opinion

I just keep waiting fror the offense to start clicking and get some good rythm. The one legit time was the vikings game. Every week I pray this is the week for the offense to look good and maybe it's been sabotaged by turnovers, but they only have 3 weeks to get things together and I've been waiting over 5 weeks.

If they had just a little bit of offense I think they'd be fine.

I just keep waiting fror the offense to start clicking and get some good rythm. The one legit time was the vikings game. Every week I pray this is the week for the offense to look good and maybe it's been sabotaged by turnovers, but they only have 3 weeks to get things together and I've been waiting over 5 weeks.

If they had just a little bit of offense I think they'd be fine.

You are right Mr B......This offense is capable of great things....it just seems like we are our own worst enemy most games offensively. You make a great point here though about minn.......they had the best rush defenses in the league heading into that game...and proceeded to shut us down early...so we made....and here is a rarity....McDaniels must not have been there that game.......WE MADE ADJUSTMENTS!!!!........We exposed their weakness in the secondary...ran the hurry up....Brady out of the gun etc etc etc...then set up the run with the passing game...(Still don't think we racked up alot of rushing yards did we)?......It just seems like since then, our coaches can't get their heads out of their ***** and think outside the box.......The O line has been atrocious too recently.........good post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes