PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' Plan or Jets' Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know how Belichick rates Landry and Merriweather. He could very well rate merriweather higher. as fast as Landry is (faster than Merriweather) some are concerned about his coverage capabilities. Both of these kids hit hard, though Landry is physically stouter.

I'm going to make a comment here that may piss people off. Bear in mind that I'm a solid Pats fan who loves to see the Pats mutilate opponents, most especially the Jets.

There is a side of me, however, that enjoys seeing the intense battle of wits between two first-class strategists. And if anything will keep Belichick in this league, it's having Mangini as his nemesis in New York.

I recently reviewed the playoff game against the Jets, the only game still on my DVR, and I still love it as an example of how two brilliant coaches and two tough and heady quarterbacks can make for great entertainment.

It's a great matchup and aside from the media frenzy over handshakes, it is as dramatic as any rivalry in the league.

On the topic: though the Jets had a good draft this year, since the Pats had both a roster advantage and better picks, they played a conservative strategy to maintain that advantage in the future. It makes sense to me.

I'm going to make a comment here that may piss people off. Bear in mind that I'm a solid Pats fan who loves to see the Pats mutilate opponents, most especially the Jets.

There is a side of me, however, that enjoys seeing the intense battle of wits between two first-class strategists. And if anything will keep Belichick in this league, it's having Mangini as his nemesis in New York.

I recently reviewed the playoff game against the Jets, the only game still on my DVR, and I still love it as an example of how two brilliant coaches and two tough and heady quarterbacks can make for great entertainment.

It's a great matchup and aside from the media frenzy over handshakes, it is as dramatic as any rivalry in the league.

On the topic: though the Jets had a good draft this year, since the Pats had both a roster advantage and better picks, they played a conservative strategy to maintain that advantage in the future. It makes sense to me.
Ohhhhh, you piss me off! :enranged:

Ohhhhh, you piss me off! :enranged:
;) Didn't you just love that Jets game?

BTW, all your lists and analysis in the Drafts forum have been great for this lurker. Thanks to you and everyone else in that forum, and head coach Patchick. For those of us who don't know college ball (partly from going to a small college that couldn't beat a high school team) the draft forum has been great.

I thought that the Jets' plan was brilliant. Like BB and Pioli, they

realized that the 2007 draft was a dog. Instead of punting the ball

into 2008 like the Pats, they tried to make the best of the situation.

They packaged picks and ended up with two good players for 2007.

The Pats can't make that claim this morning.

I think most of you are forgetting that maybe the Jet's plan was the best one for the JETS.

Don't forget they have much more holes to fill than the Pats and need more talent. For the Patriots, more likely than not very, very few guys from this year will jump in and start, which is not the case for the Jets.

Therefore this is why they may have evaluated the draft the same but took different courses of action. The Jets/Mangini don't have the luxury of pushing their picks to next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back