PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats place Welker, Crable, Weston on Active/PUP; Jenkins and T. Johnson to Active/NFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats place Welker, Crable, Weston on Active/PUP; Jenkins and T. Johnson to Active

Maybe it was just out of habit they put him there in a couple days they will go oh wait he can accully move

LOL - I like this theory!

Re: Pats place Welker, Crable, Weston on Active/PUP; Jenkins and T. Johnson to Active

Crable IS a disappointment. If he can't get back within 2 weeks he's toast. Welker is a different story. He clearly knows the system. He's practiced with Brady most of the off season in CA. He's been to the OTA's so he knows any new features to the offense. So if he can't hit right away, what would be the purpose of NOT putting him on PUP.

Question. I know he can't participate on the field, but can a player on PUP go to meetings and be with the team?

Crable IS a disappointment. If he can't get back within 2 weeks he's toast. Welker is a different story. He clearly knows the system. He's practiced with Brady most of the off season in CA. He's been to the OTA's so he knows any new features to the offense. So if he can't hit right away, what would be the purpose of NOT putting him on PUP.

Question. I know he can't participate on the field, but can a player on PUP go to meetings and be with the team?

Yes, I believe that's allowed. But generally they are rehabing to get back.

Bye-bye, Crable.

Crable will be the first cut.

Hell, I'm cutting him NOW. There. Done.

Crable PUPd again? Ugh.

chicken legs! - say it's not so.....:(

Last edited:

Don't they normally have the dreaded conditioning test a couple days before camp opens?

I think guys that don't pass the conditioning test go on the PUP list too. So maybe Crable just flunked the first test. Not great, but OMGWTFAWASTEOFROSTERSPACE.

On Welker I agree, probably just precautionary. I like it mostly because it gives the Pats some roster flexibility, and there is absolutely no reason to rush everything, and some huge reasons not to rush things.

Agreed on Welker. They may be just managing soreness, ensuring the scar tissue from the surgery breaks down properly, etc.

Crable...Not sure what is going on. I assume that it is conditioning/strength-related or he did not meet the targeted-weight for the position.

Either way, no question the guy is on the outside looking in for a roster spot. Sheesh.

Re: Welker, Crable Placed on Active PUP

crable

lol

rofl...........

Maybe it was just out of habit they put him there in a couple days they will go oh wait he can accully move

Conspericy??? Seriously?

Well, there goes my chance of retiring off my Crable autographed rookie card...better break the bad news to my wife...:bricks:

That sucks.

Let me guess, you have already sold your Adam Seward card?

wow, go Crable. The almost-funny part is that whatever the polar opposite of surprised is, I'm that. Dunno why anyone expected anything out of him.

You fair weather Pats fans making fun of my man The Crab with his chicken legs. Reminds me of wide receiver Heart Lee 'Heartless' Dykes a bigtime Pats draft pick who injured himself each season walking out onto the practise field.

If it's conditioning fail, read Bruschi's intervier. Unconscionable. If it's injury, the guy gives new meaning to slow healer. Wonder if the injury Kharma gods taketh from The Crab and giveth unto Welker?

Last edited:

Shalise tweeted that Crable is injured.

At this point how can you not put Crable on the NFI list... He hasn't sniffed a field since college.

As for Welker, veterans don't report until tomorrow...I have a feeling the organization did this pre emptively because the source of the Zolak report was likely the player. It never made sense to not at least PUP him for the first few days until the trainers have a chance to fully evaluate his progress and the docs have a chance to fully evaluate his knee - even if he is correct about being ready to be cleared. Belichick pretty much always starts the rehabbing guys off on PUP as a matter of course just to keep his options open. Brady didn't but he was much farther removed and it was never really a possibility he start the season on PUP or they wouldn't have moved Cassel when they did without at least bringing in a veteran backup as insurance. They have their Welker insurance in place. Last thing they want to do is find out it's seasonal long insurance due to a TC setback. He could be off PUP in 48 hours or a couple of weeks or not until week 1. My guess is somewhere between 48 hours and week 1 of pre season. He won't be doing two a days anyway, but they will want to get him into pre season game action to knock off the rust and get his timing squared away if he is going to be available in the first six weeks...The first week of camp is likely better spent on field evaluating Edleman's progress and Holt's prowess.

Shalise tweeted that Crable is injured.

Thanks SMY, I was just about to ***** & moan that no reporters were telling us what we's gots ta know about The Crab. Sorry about the vicious NFI chess injury he picked up playing against Maroney.

What the heck is wrong with Crable? And why is it lasting so long?? Is he in some kind of contest with Jacoby Ellsbury?

You fair weather Pats fans making fun of my man The Crab with his chicken legs. Reminds me of wide receiver Heart Lee 'Heartless' Dykes a bigtime Pats draft pick who injured himself each season walking out onto the practise field.

If it's conditioning fail, read Bruschi's intervier. Unconscionable. If it's injury, the guy gives new meaning to slow healer. Wonder if the injury Kharma gods taketh from The Crab and giveth unto Welker?

I remember loving the HLD draft choice. I thought he was gonna be OUR Al Toon (even wore the same #88). HLD actually had a very good rookie season, I believe he had 49 or 50 receptions. It's a shame he never could make it past his second season, he had a ton of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back