PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats place DL Myron Pryor on IR, add DT Landon Cohen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerard Warren coming next

Re: Myron Pryor to IR

The board will correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure he entered the season with the groin injury. He apparently re-aggrevated it.

One has to wonder if this one falls on the medical staff for letting him play on it or if maybe it was just Myron himself ignoring it/playing thru it.

How the hell does a groin/hamstring injury, which did not leave him writhing in pain on the field,
cause him to miss the rest of the season?

And how does the medical staff already know, unless he has a complete tear (which would've left him writhing in pain on the field), that he's going to need at least 3 months to recover from it?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Re: Per Reiss Tweets: Looks Like Landon Cohen in for Mike Wright

Wow, I would have assumed some other team would have snagged him minutes after he was cut.

The Seahawks grabbed Cohen after we cut him, and he made their final 53 before being cut right before the season started.

On one hand, it's a real bummer about Pryor. I like him a lot, and he brings quite a bit to the table. Definitely lessens the sting of Brace's inability to contribute- 2nd round busts don't seem so bad when you have a 6th rounder from the same draft contributing.

OTOH, I liked Cohen a lot in the preseason. Glad that all of that depth that we had at DT in the preseason is paying off.

With all the injuries in the back field, I cringed on monday night game to see two starting safety's that we released in Eagles & Falcons uniform (sanders & Page)

Damn, we could have definitely used one of those for sure ... :(

Re: Per Reiss Tweets: Looks Like Landon Cohen in for Mike Wright

Gonna have to disagree there. Pryor would be big loss in my mind.
If he played on the field the way he does in your mind.....

Interesting that it's Cohen, not Warren.
I thought Warren played great in the pre-season. Very versatile - he was a penetrating DT early in his career, then was solid at 5-tech last season.

Not a huge difference.

Too bad on Pryor. He had been playing very well.

sweet, i wanted cohen on the 53

I prefered Pryor to Cohen, but I am certainly glad to see Cohen back.

I presume that the next set of transactions will concern Wright and Warren.

Last edited:

How the hell does a groin/hamstring injury, which did not leave him writhing in pain on the field,
cause him to miss the rest of the season?

And how does the medical staff already know, unless he has a complete tear (which would've left him writhing in pain on the field), that he's going to need at least 3 months to recover from it?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Because it was his shoulder that he hurt, not his groin.

Patriots also have Brace and Deadrick on PUP, Cohen might be a stopgap. But then again, I don't know how much you can expect from either of those guys.

Last edited:
What the FREAK I didn't even know Pryor was hurt in the first place! Man what a sucky day both Koppen and Pryor. Looks like we will be needing Brace when he's eligible I hope the man is ready to step it up this year (and stay healthy!). The DL already losing Wright and Pryor it's only been 2 weeks, at this pace it's going to be worse than last year's DL after the ridiculous injury bug hit.

Because it was his shoulder that he hurt, not his groin.

I just finished reading that on Reiss' blog. Didn't Rapoport claim that Pryor hurt his groin/hamstring?

Edit: Rapoport has now updated that blog entry to indicate that Pryor has indeed suffered a shoulder injury. Too bad. I thought that Pryor was a square Tampa-2 DT peg in the round hole of a 3-4 defense, but that he had a defined role here in the 4-3.

Last edited:
What the FREAK I didn't even know Pryor was hurt in the first place! Man what a sucky day both Koppen and Pryor. Looks like we will be needing Brace when he's eligible I hope the man is ready to step it up this year (and stay healthy!). The DL already losing Wright and Pryor it's only been 2 weeks, at this pace it's going to be worse than last year's DL after the ridiculous injury bug hit.

It sucks, but it could be worse. Just look at the injuries the Chiefs and Giants have suffered.

Talking about injuries, did anybody see the number of Charges that did not practice today? I hate that. At this rate, they will be to the their bare bones when they play division and conference rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back