PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Pickup Freddie Roach ILB

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBC said:
If him and Bruschi ever start inside together it will sound like a damn fine friday night to me.

Party on!:rocker:

Seriously, it seems that he has brought both Mincey and Roach in to compete for the WILB TJ spot. Maybe. But I dont see Mincey having the speed to play the Willie role, so these guys are both trying to nail down that spot. With Vrabel outside filling for Willie, that seems to be the hole at LB. I'm sure BB thinks that one of TBC, Claridge, and Beisel will start there, but one of these guys could make the squad backing them up.

According to SN his comparison (upside, maybe?) is Jeremiah Trotter. Well, I'll take that.

He only had an 8 on his wonderlic though.

^thats very suprising because so many say hes a smart player and would Beioli take a guy whos stupid on wonderlic?

FREDDIE ROACH MEASURABLES
Height: 6-1 Weight: 258
40-yard dash: 4.87 10-yard dash: 1.70
20-yard shuttle: 4.42 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 9-3 225-lb. bench: 18
3-cone drill: 7.49 Vertical jump: 34
Wonderlic: 8 20-yard dash: 2.84

this guy looks like a real sleeper pick. From watching that video of him, he hits hard and sheds blockers real well. He looks quicker than his 40 times. He also has a lot of playing experience against good competition. Also said to be a good leader with great instincts.

Great Pick-up. I was hoping we would draft this guy in the 5th round

great pickup and we didn't even have to spend a pick on him. Sounds like a potential TJ type to me. This was a great overall draft that addressed alot of different positions and needs for our team!

Freddie is my man

I saw him make a play in the Senior Bowl where he *flew* acroos the field and laid a serious lick on some poor RB. That's when I said I want *him* on my team.

That wonderlic score of 8 is a bit concerning. I hope someone messed up on the reporting, or that he didn't take the wonderlic seriously.
*I really can't type tonight....

Last edited:
Siddiqi said:
That wonderlic score of 8 is a bit ocncerning. I hope someone lessed up on the reporting, or that he didn't take the wonderlic seriously.
I agree Im ocncerned as well. Hope it was a less up!

Last edited:
TBC said:
If him and Bruschi ever start inside together it will sound like a damn fine friday night to me.

LOL. I agree!!!

wonderlic score of 8!?! I'm pretty sure a gopher can score an 8..... That has to be a mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back