PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS PICKER 2012 - now live

Here's my go at the depth chart:

Offense (26):
QB (3) Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallet
RB (3) Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead
FB (1) Spencer Larsen
WR (7) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman
TE (3) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells
C (2) Dan Koppen, Ryan Wendell
G (4) Brian Waters, Dan Connolly, Robert Gallery, Nick McDonald
T (3) Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Solder, Marcus Cannon

Defense (24):
DE (5) Brandon Deaderick, Jonathan Fanene, Trevor Scott, Chandler Jones, Jake Bequette
DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Myron Pryor, Ron Brace
LB (6) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Rob Ninkovich, Donta Hightower, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White
CB (6) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard, Will Allen
S (3) Patrick Chung, Steve Gregory, Tavon Wilson

ST (3) Stephen Gostkowski, Danny Aiken, Zoltan Mesko

Total players: 53

PUP: Logan Mankins
Practice Squad: Ebert, Ebner, Kettani

Notes: Came down to Brace/Warren for last spot. Gave it to Brace because when healthy I feel he's a force; he's also much younger. Figured Warren would end up on the shadow roster.

Last edited:
RB (4) Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Spencer Larsen
WR (7) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Deion Branch, Donte Stallworth, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman
C (2) Dan Koppen
G (4) Brian Waters, Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Nick McDonald, Robert Gallery
DE (4) Brandon Deaderick, Jake Bequette, Jonathan Fanene, Chandler Jones
DT (3) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Myron Pryor
ILB(6) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, Donta Hightower, Markell Carter, Jeff Tarpinian
OLB(2) Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham
CB (6) Devin McCourty, Kyle Arrington, Ras-I Dowling, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard, Will Allen
SS (1) Steve Gregory
FS (2) Patrick Chung, Tavon Wilson
ST (3) Stephen Gostkowski, Zoltan Mesko, Danny Aiken

Thoughts:
- I just cant put Branch and Ochocinco on the roster to me that just seems silly. 1 has to go.
- I think Sterling Moore converts to Safety
- I figure with some of the moves made and choices that Belichick is trying to switch a few things up so I got a legit FB making it in Larsen and a couple younger guys at LB like Carter and Tarpinian over the likes of White, etc

Very excited for the season and the moves we've made and look forward to the season.

My projection is that Mallett is going to pass Hoyer during camp as the #2, in that case the roster spot is very valuable and Hartline can go the the PS as the developmental QB.

If Mallett emerges as the #2 and Hoyer will leave next year very little value there relative to not having to cut a young player at another position. Of course injuries during camp changes everything.

Of course Cunningham and M Carter probably don't make the majority of rosters but...

Glad I can just enjoythe season and don't have to make the real decisions

I hope that Mallett emerges this TC, as I was a big lobbier for the pick last yr. I wanted a QB of the future, and frankly I wanted Ryan Mallett on this team. That said, I still like the thought of Hoyer being the #2 for the upcoming year, but I can definitely see what you're saying. There's value in trading him too.

I also had M. Carter and Cunningham on my projected roster at OLB.

I think no matter what anyone's version of the roster is, we can all agree that there seems to be a lot of competition for the upcoming season here.

I'd still like to see a player or two added in the front seven, moreso on the line I think. The addition of A.Carter would make that a lot better, so I hope he gets healthy enough to play in 2012.

The safety position seems to be a lot better, considering that we don't have to witness Brown and Ihedigbo at the same time next yr. There's still a decent chance that one of Moore or McCourty can move over, so I actually already think it's much improved.

Besides a vet RB, I don't think there are too many holes on this squad.

Quite a big change from all of the "we have so many holes" threads/posts from the last month or so :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Awesome! I love this tool:

QB (3) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallet, Brian Hoyer
WR (7) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Ochocinco, Donte Stallworth, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman
C (2) Dan Koppen, Dan Connolly
G (4) Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Robert Gallery, Donald Thomas
DE (3) Jonathan Fanene, Brandon Deaderick, Chandler Jones
DT (3) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren
ILB(5) Jerod Mayo, Donta Hightower, Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White
OLB(3) Jake Bequette, Rob Ninkovich, Trevor Scott
CB (7) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard, Marquice Cole, Nate Ebner
SS (2) Patrick Chung, Steve Gregory
FS (1) Tavon Wilson

Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2012

Last edited:
Awesome! I love this tool:

WR (7) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Ochocinco, Donte Stallworth, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman
DE (3) Jonathan Fanene, Brandon Deaderick, Chandler Jones
DT (3) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Ron Brace
ILB(5) Jerod Mayo, Donta Hightower, Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White
OLB(3) Jake Bequette, Rob Ninkovich, Trevor Scott
CB (7) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard, Marquice Cole, Nate Ebner
FS (1) Tavon Wilson

I think Slater gets moved to Safety full time, he played more snaps there and played it in college too.

Hey y'all,

This year's Pats Picker application is now available:
Pats Picker 2012

Design and share your ideal roster without having to type out each player's name or mess with spreadsheets.

• Drag and drop players to include them on your team
  • Move players into any of their eligible positions
  • Your results will save for your next visit
  • Create custom players that you think should be included
  • Copy and paste your results to the message board or elsewhere

If you like, paste your roster in this thread along with any feedback you have for me.

Give a "like" on the Facebook button to spread the word. I hope you enjoy and I'll continue to work on it!

Nice new features, will help figuring out the roster. Thanks

Terrific tool, thanks for updating it! I came up with:

RB (4) Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Spencer Larsen, Stevan Ridley
WR (7) Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Donte Stallworth, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman
TE (3) Rob Gronkowski, Daniel Fells, Aaron Hernandez
C (2) Dan Koppen, Nick McDonald
G (3) Robert Gallery, Donald Thomas, Dan Connolly
DE (4) Chandler Jones, Trevor Scott, Brandon Deaderick, Jake Bequette
DT (5) Vince Wilfork, Myron Pryor, Gerard Warren, Kyle Love, Jonathan Fanene
ILB(4) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, Jeff Tarpinian
OLB(3) Jermaine Cunningham, Donta Hightower, Rob Ninkovich
CB (5) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard
FS (2) Tavon Wilson, Josh Barrett

- Assumed Mankins to PUP
- Assumed signing of 2 FBs means they actually want to carry one
- Zero confidence in which of the vet WRs make it

BTW, is there any way to move a player from one tab to another? E.g. Slater to the ST column? (Or should I just recreate him from scratch there?)

RB (5) Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead, Spencer Larsen, Brandon Bolden
WR (7) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Chad Ochocinco, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, Julian Edelman, Jeremy Ebert
G (2) Brian Waters, Robert Gallery
T (3) Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Marcus Cannon
DE (4) Chandler Jones, Jonathan Fanene, Trevor Scott, Jake Bequette
DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Marcus Harrison
ILB(3) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Niko Koutouvides
OLB(4) Donta Hightower, Rob Ninkovich, Bobby Carpenter, Tracy White
CB (5) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore
SS (2) Patrick Chung, Nate Ebner
FS (3) Steve Gregory, Tavon Wilson, Matthew Slater

PUP: Logan Mankins, Dion Branch, Markus Zusevics, Anthony Gonzalez, Myron Pryor, Andre Carter, Ron Brace, plus anybody else
PS: Matt Roark, Britt Davis, Brad Herman, Jeremiah Warren, Marcus Forston, Eric Kettani, plus 2 more eligible players

Leaves us a bit thin at OL until the PUP players activate, I could see them keeping another there and putting Ebert on the PS or another WR on the PUP. I don't see them going this thin at OL, one more at the minimum.

Last edited:
I love that site that's for sure

I have always wanted to try and predict the roster and this makes it way easier
so here is my attempt

RB (4) Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, Eric Kettani, Shane Vereen
WR (7) Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater, Chad Ochocinco, Deion Branch, Anthony Gonzalez, Brandon Lloyd
TE (3) Rob Gronkowski, Daniel Fells, Aaron Hernandez
C (2) Dan Connolly, Dan Koppen
G (3) Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Robert Gallery
DE (5) Chandler Jones, Jake Bequette, Brandon Deaderick, Markell Carter, Jonathan Fanene
DT (3) Vince Wilfork, Myron Pryor, Kyle Love
ILB(5) Jerod Mayo, Dane Fletcher, Donta Hightower, Tracy White, Brandon Spikes
OLB(2) Jermaine Cunningham, Rob Ninkovich
CB (6) Ras-I Dowling, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Will Allen, Nate Ebner
FS (2) Devin McCourty, Tavon Wilson
ST (3) Zoltan Mesko, Danny Aiken, Stephen Gostkowski

RB (4) Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead, Spencer Larsen
WR (6) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Ochocinco, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman
G (4) Brian Waters, Dan Connolly, Robert Gallery, Logan Mankins
T (3) Nate Solder, Marcus Cannon, Sebastian Vollmer
DE (3) Brandon Deaderick, Jonathan Fanene, Chandler Jones
DT (5) Vince Wilfork, Gerard Warren, Myron Pryor, Kyle Love, marcus forston
ILB(4) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Donta Hightower, Dane Fletcher
OLB(4) Trevor Scott, Rob Ninkovich, Jake Bequette, Bobby Carpenter
CB (5) Ras-I Dowling, Will Allen, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Devin McCourty
SS (2) Patrick Chung, Sterling Moore
FS (2) Steve Gregory, Tavon Wilson
ST (3) Zoltan Mesko, Danny Aiken, Stephen Gostkowski

RB Brandon Bolden, WR Jeremy Ebert,WR Matt Roark, OT's Warren and Zuesvics, ST Nate Ebner to practice squad.

Short random thoughts. Lot tougher than it looks.... I really prefer Connoly at Center....Tackle is a lot skimpier than I thought..... Hope one or two of the rookies work out...... Wish Matt would come back for one more..... WR is a log jam..... We are pretty stacked at all three LB postions as well as DE for the first time in a while..... I want more DT's in next years draft.

1) make a draft pick page too
2) make it for all NFL teams
3) profit

no need for question marks

Dude, this is awesome.

I wonder if there's a way that we could submit our rosters and then collect the total data to show something like Brady is on 100% of rosters, Ocho is on 48% of rosters, etc. That way we could kind of see what the overall opinions are, and see how they change during training camp as we get a look at the players.

RB (4) Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Tony Fiammetta
WR (6) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater
G (4) Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Dan Connolly, Robert Gallery
DE (4) Chandler Jones, Brandon Deaderick, Jake Bequette, Trevor Scott
DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Jonathan Fanene
ILB(3) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher
OLB(4) Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham, Donta Hightower, Bobby Carpenter
CB (7) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Alfonzo Dennard, Sterling Moore, Marquice Cole, Nate Ebner
SS (1) Patrick Chung

Wonderful app, but. . . .

Mallett:
Ryan+Mallett+New+England+Patriots+v+Tampa+0uJYMJmjTsBl.jpg

Mallet:
Rubber-Mallet-Hammer-C1001-.jpg

QB (3) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer
RB (4) Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead, Eric Kettani
WR (6) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman, Deion Branch
DE (5) Chandler Jones, Jake Bequette, Jonathan Fanene, Trevor Scott, Brandon Deaderick
DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Ron Brace
ILB(4) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White
OLB(4) Donta Hightower, Rob Ninkovich, Markell Carter, Bobby Carpenter
CB (4) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Alfonzo Dennard
SS (2) Patrick Chung, Will Allen

A few thoughts about players on the bubble.

- Injuries will change the landscape at certain position, but those are nearly impossible to predict. For now I'm working under the assumption that Mankins and Vollmer will be ready, Waters won't retire, etc.

- QB: I considered the possibility of the Pats trading Hoyer, but I don't know if there will be enough demand for him to make letting him go a worthwhile value.

- RB: The final RB/FB could easily be Spencer Larsen, Tony Fiammetta, a yet unsigned veteran (Tim Hightower, Ryan Grant, Joseph Addai) rather than Kettani. I considered Brandon Bolden as well but think he's more likely headed to a year on the Practice Squad.

- OL: Dan Koppen is a player I flip-flopped with. Just because he was signed there is no guarantee he won't be cut. Don't be surprised if he is released, and in his place a more versatile (three positions) player takes his place such as Wendell or McDonald. Currently I have Thomas on the roster but that spot could easily go to one of those two as well.

- WR: For the final spot I took Branch over Stallworth, Gonzalez, Ochocinco, Ebert and Davis, but it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't make the roster either. Right now he still is highly productive due to his being on the same page with Brady, but this is going to be a close call in August. It looks like there are a lot of roster spots dedicated to the position but that's because two ST players, Slater and Edelman are placed here. Don't be surprised if one or both of them are more of a DB than WR in 2012; that could open also open up another roster spot for one more WR.

- TE: I went back and forth with Daniel Fells; I would not assume that he'll make the roster. Remember last year, when most everyone assumed on of either Yeatman or Smith would survive final cuts.

- DL: For the 9th DL I went with Brace over Myron Pryor, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he doesn't make the team.

- LB: Just a hunch but I put Bobby Carpenter on the squad, over Jermaine Cunningham, Niko Koutouvides and Jeff Tarpinian for the final LB spot. I had Markell Carter as the 6th LB that I included as a much higher probability of making the cut.

- DB: for the final DB I moved Will Allen from CB to S. I don't know that the Pats will do that; I'm just thinking they'll move somebody from another position (most likely CB) to safety. I think Barrett fell out of favor before he was hurt last year, there are enough other special teamers to pass on Sergio Brown, and either Edelman or Slater will be exclusively a DB when they get on the field, for a 9th DB. However, any one of the other DBs could easily make the team either in addition to, or instead of Allen.

edit: a slightly alternate version, without Fells or Koppen:

RB (4) Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead, Eric Kettani
WR (6) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Matthew Slater, Julian Edelman, Deion Branch
TE (2) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez
C (2) Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell
DE (5) Chandler Jones, Jake Bequette, Jonathan Fanene, Trevor Scott, Brandon Deaderick
DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Ron Brace
ILB(4) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White
OLB(4) Donta Hightower, Rob Ninkovich, Markell Carter, Jermaine Cunningham
CB (5) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Alfonzo Dennard, Will Allen
SS (2) Patrick Chung, Josh Barrett

Last edited:
- TE: I went back and forth with Daniel Fells; I would not assume that he'll make the roster. Remember last year, when most everyone assumed on of either Yeatman or Smith would survive final cuts.

The likelihood of a player making the roster in the first year of his contract is directly proportional to the size of his signing bonus.

Fells got $1M, Yeatman closer to $1K. :)

Dude, this is awesome.

I wonder if there's a way that we could submit our rosters and then collect the total data to show something like Brady is on 100% of rosters, Ocho is on 48% of rosters, etc. That way we could kind of see what the overall opinions are, and see how they change during training camp as we get a look at the players.

Fantastic idea if this could be implemented somehow.

The likelihood of a player making the roster in the first year of his contract is directly proportional to the size of his signing bonus.

Fells got $1M, Yeatman closer to $1K. :)

Thanks for the info, I hadn't paid that much attention to his signing & was really doing this roster projection exercise off the cuff.

With that in mind, I would agree that it's very safe to say Fells makes the roster.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back