PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats open at the Jets

Russyracuse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

Per Mike Reiss the Pats open at the Jets and home the next week against the Chargers.

Russyracuse

Guys,

Per Mike Reiss the Pats open at the Jets and home the next week against the Chargers.

Russyracuse
Oh man I wanted to play the Chargers later in the season. The last couple of years we needed a few games (like 6 or 8) to really start rolling. d%#*!@t scheduling gods!!!! :mad:

I was worried we'd get them on a Monday night in a pumped-up Giants Stadium.

Oh man I wanted to play the Chargers later in the season. The last couple of years we needed a few games (like 6 or 8) to really start rolling. d%#*!@t scheduling gods!!!! :mad:

I'd rather get 'em early when we're healthy.

I think L.T. will have a good game, but we'll otherwise beat San Diego at home. They have a new coaching staff and a new system to learn and the Pre-Season isn't enough. They won't get rolling until their first 4 games or so. That said, I would not want to see them in the post-season at Qualcomm.

I think L.T. will have a good game, but we'll otherwise beat San Diego at home. They have a new coaching staff and a new system to learn and the Pre-Season isn't enough. They won't get rolling until their first 4 games or so. That said, I would not want to see them in the post-season at Qualcomm.
My thoughts about the coaching staff and system too. Get them early.

I don't know about playing the Chargers early. Norv Turner is the new HC, wouldn't it be better to play them in the latter third when his team (like all the others) has quit on him?

Last edited:
Too warm and the only winter playoff game we had at home was against the Jest.

Last edited:
It'll be nice to shut up those morons once again and in their house.

Oh yeah kicking Miami's ass on a snowy Foxboro field is always fun. :)

Just to be an optimist, we can wrap up the division with a win in week 1.

NFL purposely put it early so the animosity between the teams will be fresher from the playoffs.

(the Chargers game, I mean.)

Last edited:
I'd lay money on one main thing: The announcers will still be talking about handshakes, hugs, and kisses. (and possibly mugged cameramen)

Good luck fellas. Its going to be a great game.

Hey, stop coming on our board and talking smack! Why, I oughtta-

:eek:

Sorry. You caught me off-guard. :)

for both this game and the sd game a week later, i worry that the patriots will be trying to get a lot of new pieces to work together when both the jets and chargers will be playing with essentially the same teams as the previous season...tho the chargers may have some problems adapting to Turner.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back