Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats open as 11.5 pt favorites against MIAMI

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bostonia3333, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice to see Vegas giving the Cassel-led Pats some respect! I think -11.5 is a bit high for your second NFL start, but hey, nice to see the Pats get another high line.
  2. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's more that Miami is atrocious. As I posted in the game thread, I thought KC would be the worst team this year, but Miami and St. Louis are right there with them, and Miami looks the worst of all right now. They are a legitimate threat to go 0-16 I think. That defense may be the worst I've ever seen fielded by an NFL team. They have Channing Crowder and... Channing Crowder. Really, really atrocious.
  3. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Parcells or no Parcells

Miami would struggle to beat USC right now

Another double digit loss for the season for the fish
  4. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How bout giving Arizona some respect. That is one athletic team! I think Miami and the Jets are very similar to be honest.
  5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

13 points by the site I always use.
  6. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Will Aqua4ever be back here to smack talk this week?:singing:
  7. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

8. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +405 / 8 / -2

#12 Jersey

11.5? Wow, that's high. The Pats will win, but I doubt it'll be by 12+.
  9. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,040 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

:confused: In what respect? Their personnel look wildly different to me.
  10. czech54

czech54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Probably in the respect that neither of them are very good football teams. Of course the Dolphins aren't ridiculously over-rated like the Jets.
  11. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My book is at 13 as well. I'd need to see some improvement from Pats red zone offense before I laid that kind of chalk.
  12. SammyBlueCat

SammyBlueCat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Could be another grinder.
  13. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Holy cow I saw a -13.5 line. If the Pats are -13.5, I could tease them 10 points, and be okay with -3.5, but not thrilled with it. But then again, who the heck wants to take Miami +13.5? With Cassel taking baby steps, a 17-14 type of game isn't out of the question.
  14. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -4

Jets D is actually pretty good at bringing the pressure. There was one series where they embarrassed/sacked Cassel repeatedly. They have lots of talent there with Thomas, Pace, and Gholston. Revis looks to be a solid young corner as well. On D they are well ahead of the Fins.

Offense, starts at the QB. Favre may not be in his prime any longer but he's head and shoulders better than whatever the Fins can field at that position. Yeah Favre is overrated sure, but his receivers just weren't getting open and he's still dangerous when he improvises. Luckily we managed to cash in on his inevitable INT this game and turn it into a score. The Jets OL is also a lot better than the Fins unit. There were several times when I said, he's got too much time, and bam, Favre would manufacture a first down.

The Pats-Jets game was actually closer than the score indicates. So much as I hate them, I'd have to say they are improved this year and gave us a run for the money in the first matchup. On the other hand, I can see the Pats beating the Fins by well over double digits. Particularly if they can get some pressure on Pennington, then sit underneath to pick off his passes when he noodlearms them.
  15. tart

tart Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Miami is awful... but 13 points... I'm torn on where to bet... I really see it being close... but then I see the highlights from the Miami game and I just can't imagine every betting on them.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  16. SoCal Bong

SoCal Bong Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Did Miami lose any significant players today? or did they just look as lousy as last year?
  17. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,040 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Wow, I cannot imagine being a devoted Patriots fan and betting on their opponent. If you don't like the odds, you can always put your money elsewhere. But having divided loyalties where you start rooting against your own team if they do too well...doesn't that take a lot of the joy out of the game? But I guess if gambling is your #1 pastime and football a distant #2, it makes sense. [​IMG]
  18. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In Cassel's first start, he led the Pats on five scoring drives. If Miami plays the down-under stuff, Cassel will look deep to Moss. On Sunday, Pennington went 10 of 20 while Ricky Williams rushed for 28 yards on 11 carries. Warner passed for 361.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29554&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

The Cardinals are good, no doubt, but it's tough to gauge by their competition. Did Miami blow a win vs. the Jets, or did they play out of their heads in Week One and show their true colors in Week Two? I'd bet on the latter, but I wouldn't bet too much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.