Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
10:30PM Tuesday

Pats v Washington on NFL Replay

9PM Thursday

Who is Better- Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

Should be good viewing!

I wish I still had NFLN.

I hope comcast and the NFL come to an agreement before 12/29.

Speaking of NFLN, Peter King has an interesting note this week. Sounds like NFLN's efforts to bully cable companies are a rare league misstep. My emphasis is bolded.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/28/mmqb/6.html said:
4. I think you can feel the NFL tightening up over the stalemate with the NFL Network and the big cable companies. That's why owners meeting in Philadelphia last week spent far more time on NFL Network issues than other ones. There are two games in the second half of the season, exactly a month apart, that are very big for a couple of reasons. On Thursday, Nov. 29, Green Bay plays at Dallas. On Saturday, Dec. 29, New England plays at the Giants. Both are NFL Network games.

The Dallas-Green Bay game will be significant for playoff implications, and it will be a political football as well -- neither of the state capitals, Austin or Madison, is serviced by a cable company that gets the NFL Network. The game won't be shown in either place unless viewers go to a sports bar or have satellite TV. As for the Pats-Giants game, if New England enters the game 15-0, how will the 70 percent of the 65 million cable homes in America feel when they can't get a peek at such a historic game?

With no progress in sight, I think the only thing that can bridge the gap is either arbitration between the two sides or some sort of ownership stake in the Network for the cable giants. But it won't happen this year. And fans are going to be ticked off if they can't see those two games. "They'd probably be mad at all of us,'' commissioner Roger Goodell said the other day in Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back