Status
Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just returned from the Heath Evans' 7 on 7 Flag Football Tournament in West Palm Beach and Heath rallied the boys in blue big time. Evans, Faulk, Morris, Gaffney, Moss, Welker, Watson, Maroney....Wilfork, Paxton....and Sean Alexander. The Pats players were cruising around in heavily reinforced golf carts with Moss, Maroney and Gaffney sitting on the roofs for better viewing.. Big Vince would watch a little of the games and then head out for some four wheeling.
It was freaking hilarious watching these dudes interact with the HS players.
The teams were made up of QB, WRs and DBs from local high schools in South Florida. The talent on some of the teams was unbelievable. Moss was going nuts watching this team from Miramar, Florida light it up. The QB supposedly is the #1 HS QB in the state with wide receivers that had Moss gasping. Amazing talents.
Big props to Faulk, Morris, Evans, Gaffney, and Watson for allowing the kids to get autographs all day.

r u kidddin? if i new i may have gone...oh well...

one question though

how many other NFL teams have u heard this stuff about this offseason?

my count is 0 for the rest

like 2-3 for the Pats already

sounds like an amazing day, its a shame sports stars here in london do not do things like these with the local community

Just returned from the Heath Evans' 7 on 7 Flag Football Tournament in West Palm Beach and Heath rallied the boys in blue big time. Evans, Faulk, Morris, Gaffney, Moss, Welker, Watson, Maroney....Wilfork, Paxton....and Sean Alexander. The Pats players were cruising around in heavily reinforced golf carts with Moss, Maroney and Gaffney sitting on the roofs for better viewing.. Big Vince would watch a little of the games and then head out for some four wheeling.
It was freaking hilarious watching these dudes interact with the HS players.
The teams were made up of QB, WRs and DBs from local high schools in South Florida. The talent on some of the teams was unbelievable. Moss was going nuts watching this team from Miramar, Florida light it up. The QB supposedly is the #1 HS QB in the state with wide receivers that had Moss gasping. Amazing talents.
Big props to Faulk, Morris, Evans, Gaffney, and Watson for allowing the kids to get autographs all day.

Borg - Great post thanks!

Note to all - If you hear of ANY player appearances (anywhere in the country) post in our Player Appearances thread that is sticky'd to this Forum

That's good stuff there. Love hearing about the pros spending time with fans and youngsters and giving back. Indeed, quite a few good fellas there to be proud of representing the squad.

Holy crap I was down in South Florida this weekend - I would have been there in a second.

That kind of turnout is yet another sign of how well liked and respected Evans is in the locker room. I get the impression he's one of those guys who's a lot more important inside the organization than he looks from the outside.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I wish they didn't do this stuff. All I think of when I hear this is Robert Edwards.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I wish they didn't do this stuff. All I think of when I hear this is Robert Edwards.

AFAIK, they weren't playing, just watching. :)

That kind of turnout is yet another sign of how well liked and respected Evans is in the locker room. I get the impression he's one of those guys who's a lot more important inside the organization than he looks from the outside.

Either that, or he promised to buy them dinner if they showed up. :D

But, seriously, as you said, the fact that that many guys came out for Evans' event says something.

I don't think it took much other than a trip to South Florida in April - it was gorgeous

Things that will not make Sports Center.

Wish I would have known that as well. What county/city were they in? If Miramar was there, it was probably either Davie or West Palm Beach.

The event was at Kings Academy (Heath Evans attended Kings in HS), which is near the Sound Advice Amphitheater in West Palm Beach. I got the call that morning from a friend working at the event. We shot over there immediately and a sports talk radio station was broadcasting from the fields.
One note, the quality of play by the HS players was so amazing, I would definitely go again even if no Pats were in attendance.

The event was at Kings Academy (Heath Evans attended Kings in HS), which is near the Sound Advice Amphitheater in West Palm Beach. I got the call that morning from a friend working at the event. We shot over there immediately and a sports talk radio station was broadcasting from the fields.
One note, the quality of play by the HS players was so amazing, I would definitely go again even if no Pats were in attendance.

I heard that there was a charity golf event that Friday (much more exclusive, $5K a head) and Brady was supposed to attend. Did anyone see him at the flag football tourney?

LOL. My HS football team beat up on Kings Academy year in and year out.

I don't think it took much other than a trip to South Florida in April - it was gorgeous

This is the time of year to visit South Florida! Not yet to hot and humid. Very little rain.

This is the time of year to visit South Florida! Not yet to hot and humid. Very little rain.

I've been in September and December. September is hit or miss because of hurricane season. December is typically VERY windy. Both times I've gotten rain. This time. Nada. Zilch. A few clouds, that's it.

October, early November, March, April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back